It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replacement for stars. They are just too USish.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Well....the stars are baby blue. Making it an obvious UN/Israeli ploy.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Americans can have big gulps or a hamburger

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Hell yeah I personally love the lil white flag idea

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Never heard that term before today, and you are the third person to say that today!! I like it alooot.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

i wants crumpets [ UK ]

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I'd like a bit of crumpet too, but what has that got to do with stars.

P

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You're lucky you don't get a drunk monkey. lol

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The UK already has one drunk monkey on ATS

(Me!)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Dear ArMaP, ATS Readers, Writers,

EXCELLENT RESPONSE, and one that is a good "take" on the STARS!

ATS is a wonderful hodge podge of folks from all over the world. It is quite the "community"!

Lots of flags of the worlds nations have stars on them. My NEW country's flag has 6 stars. 5 that have 7 points on them and 1 of the ATS variety with 5 points on it..Australia.

There is a NEW flag being proposed for Oz. It has the 5 stars of the Southern Cross on it, and ALL of the 5 stars are of the 7 pointed variety in a field of true blue. It has a Indigenous boomerang on it, and to the right of that a field of green color. Not sure the meaning of the field of green on the "east" side of the flag, other than the eastern part of OZ is definitely the greenest! HA!

Being a recent immigrant from the USA to OZ, I can certainly understand the aversion to stars by the original poster..lol I am no fan of the USA's policies, internal or external, and etc either.

I would prefer if we could keep the stars as in ArMaP's reference and meaning to them.

In fact the world needs to quit focusing on flags, and realize it is a community of races and cultures, trying to get along in this world, just like ATS...lol..

Even on ATS getting along with your fellow world members is at times very trying, just like the real world too!

Good idea and original intent was meant well, but a major pain I would think from a website builder or programmer viewpoint?

Pravdaseeker

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

So, are you saying that you want your stars to be peace symbols?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hello bigfatfurrytexan, ATS Readers, Writers,

No actually, I THINK I said stars, and in the way ArMaP said to take them.

It just so happens, I WAS a registered Republican, and served in the US military.

All you people who want to beat your chests on where you are from need to get a life.
I understand it was all meant with a bit of fun, all of the responses.

But BFFT DON'T try to label me please... you got NO CLUE.

I am quite conservative, but it IS about time the world put all the sticks and stones back on the ground and try to get along.

And one of the worst trouble makers HAS BEEN the USA...and its allies. The truth hurts. I didn't like it either.

And please don't go off on me about 9-11 and Al-Queda. Smart people have woken up to the BS story that one was a long time ago. The hero Willy Rodriguez of 9-11 fame was NOT allowed to testify in the 9-11 white wash Commission because his testimony blew holes in the fairy tale. Listen/read what Willy Rodriguez has to say about 9-11; and you will figure out WHY he wasn't allowed to testify! Most wars are started by pure BS, and the current ongoing wars forever, and world turmoil created by it all will come home to haunt the USA in the years ahead.

Try reading about PNAC, Carlyle Group, And Osama Bin Laden being a CIA asset who went around originally with name of TIM OSMAN.. for starters. Not to mention how many of the supposed 9-11 hijackers have shown up ALIVE and KICKING in other countries!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Try reading the above recently posted ATS link by angelchemuel.

They were following a script that day, and the above refers to where they "got ahead of the script".

9-11 was the biggest con job ever pulled on the American public and the world has suffered greatly from the bankrupt empire trying to preserve itself.

STARS are just fine with me...

Pravdaseeker

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

Try and stay on topic if you can. We are talking about some cute designs to replace the little blue stars. I am not sure why you needed to throw politics / military / 9/11 in here. Could be just a tad off topic.

Have a nice day.

P

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Nobody gets the stars? it's not the stars, it's the beer isn't it? The post was cleverly constructed to determine who would ask for a star rather than a beer? and just how much beer was at the root of this now burning international uproar? Some of us don't like beer (Keep your eyes on those people!) and some us don't like stars (THROW your beer at those people!:lol
and some of us like to tease the French! I can do that, my parents were from Canada! But nobody gets the stars, possibly along with the spiral, one of the humans first sacred symbols, even before God showed up and gave us all 'religion' and star fish
Since ATS is supposedly, all about banishing ignorance and dis-info, why not just give everybody little light bulb icons? Oh, how about a little 'check' mark?
Or maybe a little 'pound' sign, as in I'm pounding my head against the walls, seeing stars, because I'm out of beer! They say that a journey always starts with the first step. I say the journey begins, when you realize you forgot to pick up more beer ! Bon Chance Mon Ami !

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I would like to be able to give the Longbowsmans salute to those posts I approve of

And perhaps Americans would prefer the singular version of the Longbowmans salute..

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I would like to be able to give the Longbowsmans salute to those posts I approve of

And perhaps Americans would prefer the singular version of the Longbowmans salute..

Sorry, I have no idea what that is! Sounds English. Could be French but that would just equate to a symbol for idiotically dying.

P

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

The insulting one

A commonly repeated legend claims that the two-fingered salute or V sign derives from a gesture made by longbowmen fighting in the English and Welsh[17] army at the Battle of Agincourt (1415) during the Hundred Years' War. According to the story, the French were in the habit of cutting off the arrow-shooting fingers of captured English and Welsh longbowmen, and the gesture was a sign of defiance on the part of the bowmen, showing the enemy that they still had their fingers,[8][18][19] or, as a widespread pun puts it, that they could still "pluck yew". This story can be traced to the 1980s.[20] The "pluck yew" pun is a definitively false etymology and seems to originate from the 1996 email that circulated the story.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Thank you good Sir!

P

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Why would France have a white flag? What about the other colours in the French flag?

How about cheese-eating surrender monkeys? Or some fries?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I think little black helicopters would be appropriate, but maybe a bit overdone.

What color is a false flag?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

The enemies! It came from sailing ship era tactics of flying your enemies flag until within cannon range and then swiftly changing the flag and letting rip with a 96 gun salute while the opposing ship didn't even have the cannons loaded.

P

edit on 10/4/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join