It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Hysteria in 1900s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
A friend posted me this on MSN I thought I would share it with you.
thelastoutpost.com...

"November 2nd 1922 Arctic Ocean Getting Warm - Seals Vanish and Icebergs Melt"

"The Arctic ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consul Ifft, at Bergen, Norway. Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers, he declared, all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met with as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.

Maybe there was warming back then who knows?
Limbo

edit on 5-4-2013 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It's well after the industrial revolution, it's possible that there was some human induced global warming. There are also natural cycles though.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The difference between then and now is the hysteria caused by the internet and mass instant communication.

This allows fraudsters who wish to part people from there money a much greater scope as Al Gore is so good at doing.

Climate change is natural. Man may have an impact but not one that will not be wiped out completely come the next ice age. Simply, we are not as significant as we like to think we are.

P

join