It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ISON alone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Asking are there any traveling with it LIKE it or is it all alone say within a Omni distance of approx. .7 to 1.2 au surrounding distance. Just asking if any can see if it is out there all alone? Not saying its something conspiracy related or anything so no d&g just a question. IF not possible to see a guess is welcome as well

Comet ISON will make an appearance in Earth's sky in 2013. While it's hard to predict just how bright the comet will be when it arrives, some astronomers are saying that it could be as bright as the full moon or perhaps, even visible in daylight.

The comet is named after a telescope for the International Scientific Optical Network. Two Russians spotted ISON through a 15.7-inch (0.4-meter) reflecting telescope from that organization.

ISON is considered a "sungrazer," meaning that it will pass very close to the sun when it gets into the inner solar system in November 2013.

www.space.com...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

edit on 4/4/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
comet ison is hiding the motherships of the anastasi and the annunaki.

they have been "doing it" with each other and are now coming to do it to us.

they will eat our gold and rape our chickens.

its also going to smash into earth but nasa doesnt want you to know so they sponsored CSI miami to distract us.

bob hopes ghost warned me in a dream, but i forgot it in another dream.

peace out

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
EX: If you view the Love Joy Comet in front of it is something that was not mentioned when it came around. So was wondering about ISON.

image here

LovejoyC3_gap_best.mov

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

thanks
edit on 4/4/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

lol thanks okamitengu
thanks for the laugh as well

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Wheres the best place to hide my chickens? Did he tell you that also?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

7 months to go and I'm sure we should be seeing some interesting pics, footage over the next few months. As for whether anything is travelling with it, I really don't know.

Space bar giving me the shiites.
edit on 4-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Wheres the best place to hide my chickens? Did he tell you that also?

lol.. aussie flag... best place to hide your chickens is the thunderbox (;
(only aussies will understand!)

seriously tho, thats usually the way these things go around here.. crazy outlandish claims with no evidence.
elenin anyone?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

7 months to go and I'm sure we shouldbe seeing some interestin pics, footage over the nextfew months. As for whether anything is travelling with it, I really don't know.

Thank you for you time and patience

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

All I know is ever since Ison appeared, this one hasn't slept.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

KEEPING an EYE on what's above and below will do that
so its appreciated randyvs. Interesting

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Several astronomers have taken video of companions traveling with Ison. Most likely large chunks of ice/rock that have broken off. Here is one of the videos I have found posted recently. Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Carrera

FANTASTIC Carrera

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I LOVE your sense of humor!!!! That was just too funny. On more of a serious note, there are some youtube videos that claim that ISON is traveling with up to at least 7-8 companions, whether true or not...you got me. I guess we will have to play the game of waiting to see!!!
edit on 5-4-2013 by thepolish1 because: had to add an h

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
ISON has no companions, at least no that any astronomers can see. The "companions" in the video are hot pixels on the sensor.

When there is something travelling along with the comet, it means the comet had fragmented, and it's usually big news among the astronomers, so it would be widely anounced. Sometimes there's an asteroid or two in the frame, and it looks like they're travelling together with the comet, but it's just an illusion from our point of view. The asteroids go around the Sun on their own orbits.
edit on 5-4-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

It seems ISON has companions. Asteroids following her tail...

At the time of shooting the comet was chased by some asteroids

Source

And so it begins...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

And like I explained above, it's just an illusion. Like a ship at sea seemingly chasing a person walking on the beach.

The animation even provides the names of the asteroids: 2001 PT7, 2006 WF89 and 2002 AN208.
2.bp.blogspot.com...

You can look those asteroids up at JPL Small-Body Database and see that all of them orbit the Sun between Mars and Jupiter (i.e. in the main asteroid belt), so they don't come anywhere near Earth or Sun.

2001 PT7 - ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
2006 WF8 - ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
2002 AN208 - ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

In the animation, the comet just happens to be in the same frame of view, and seems to be travelling in the same direction, as those asteroids. (Or, rather, the asteroids happen to be there while the comet was being photographed.

A little research goes a long way.

edit on 5-4-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

Several astronomers have taken video of companions traveling with Ison. Most likely large chunks of ice/rock that have broken off. Here is one of the videos I have found posted recently. Hope this helps.

Pete Lawrence's images shown in that video do not show "companions." Those are hot pixels, they only appear to "move" because Pete aligned the images relative to the stars, thus the hot pixels show the drift of the telescope over time. I confirmed this with Pete via email.

It is definitely noise **** - if I overlay the frames directly, the dots are in the same place. The original frames were dark frame calibrated but I'm guessing the temperature varied throughout the shoot so some got through. I'm on a location shoot at the moment so no access to the originals at the moment but feel free to quote me.

Pete

Pers. comm.

If anyone wishes to confirm this, you can find Pete's email address here:
digitalsky.org.uk...

I get the same effect when imaging ISON myself.

Notice the white dots moving vertically. I roughly aligned the images relative to the stars by hand. If I leave the images alone and make no attempt to align them you can see that the white dots are fixed in place.

In other words, they're just hot pixels.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thank you all for taking time to post data and analyze it. 1 FELT it is something to ask in case others are seen as ISON gets near. @ times 1 takes Astral & RV - SPIRITUAL voyages during meditative states and so like to check to see if accurate what is observed. Thanks again.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Update: Here’s a brand new image of Comet C/2012 S1 ISON, as seen on May 2, 2013 by Ernesto Guido and Nick Howes of the Remanzacco Observatory (their image from May 1, which we featured earlier, is below.) For this latest image, they used the 2-meter Ritchey-Chretien Liverpool Telescope. Via Facebook, Howes said they have been able to identify almost the same tail structure which was seen in the Hubble Space Telescope images of this comet from April 10.

www.universetoday.com...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

By Charles Black 01 May 2013

(Sen) - Comet ISON, which is making its way to the inner Solar System for the first time, has been imaged by the Hubble Space Telescope.

The Comet, C/2012 S1 ISON, which will pass within 1.2 million km (730,000 miles) of the Sun on November 28 this year, was pictured by Hubble's Wide Field Camera 3 on April 10 when the comet was 621 million km (386 million miles) from the Sun and 634 million km (394 million miles) from Earth. The comet is now slightly closer than Jupiter.

The comet originated in the Oort cloud, a band of icy bodies beyond the orbit of Neptune in the outer Solar System. Astronomers believe that this is ISON's first trip to the inner Solar System and are excited to have the opportunity to study the change in the comet as it heads toward the Sun. The comet's flyby of the Sun is close enough for ISON to be labelled as 'sungrazer'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join