It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Amounts Of Sick Psychopaths Post On ATS In The World War III Forum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'm not sure where to put this, so I am putting it in the general section. I think the ATS community needs to have a discussion about what goes on in the site's World War III forum. There is an incredibly disturbing amount of demented psychopaths that regularly post in that forum.

There are so many posts that are just downright sickening in the topics there. Normally, websites don't allow such over the top and outright psychopathy to be displayed by numerous members in post, after post, after post. But it seems ANYTHING goes in that forum.

You have MANY members there regularly joking and laughing about dropping nuclear weapons on cities, about using cluster bombs on civilians, and on and on and on. I have never seen so many incredibly disturbed outright blatant psychopaths all in one place on the internet before.

You have so many people there just outright calling for the USA to go drop nukes on civilian targets and other such sick and twisted fantasies being talked about in that forum.

It's clear as day to see that there are A LOT of extreme psychopaths posting in that forum.

I mean, like serial killer level. I think the ATS community in general needs to have an open discussion about this and set some standards on what people can say in that forum. Because as it is now, it's very, very disturbing and the mods are letting it go on endlessly.

This site isn't supposed to be a place for the criminally deranged to gather and chat about their sick murder, death, kill fantasies.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You'll find true real life psycho's everywhere-but mostly these "psycho's" posting here,are just people who are afraid.Fear-anger-thoughts of "do unto them before they can do me and mine" Just my take on this.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

thats certainly one way to look at it.....

another however would be talking military strategy.....

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

So....

Those people are psychopaths for talking about dropping nuclear bombs on other countries.... but Kim Jong Un is not a psychopath for threatening to drop nuclear boms on Austin, Texas?

Hypocrite much? Yes you are, because I know exactly what thread you are talking about, and I know your posting history.

Hypocrite!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Whats wrong with being a psychopath?

Many doctors ,captains of industry and lawyers are psychopaths. Not all psychopaths are eveil and they are necessary to win a war.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thats the internet for you.

The price of all the information and people you want comes at the price of not knowing who they truly are. Unfortunately this taints just about everything, anonymity and privacy reduces peoples political correctness, attitude and respect - which in turn alters this attributes in others.

I cant imagine what its going to be like in 20 years with the new mid ages having dealt with it all their lives.

Nukes arnt as scarey to me because they have always been there, an older person pre-nuke, knew a time before. NOt that anyone should be joking about it at any point anyway....

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If I may offer a humble opinion. A lot of people are concerned. Many are worried and some, especially those who may not even recall the first days of the current wars, are downright scared. The media isn't helping, but then, some of that is simply reporting the facts as they are happening too. How else do you report the quotes of the leaders and regimes involved on all sides as well as real world shifting of major military forces for 4 nations, increasing by the day it seems?

Everyone expresses that differently. Some find solace and comfort in declaring what they'd like to do or see, given the emotions Kim's misbehavior on the International stage has led to here. Some, as mentioned in other threads, even have loved ones who may take this right in the teeth and on the first day of hostilities.

All kinds of emotions rest behind the words...and some of it I think is pretty disturbing too. I try and consider how much we cannot know about each contributor though and what their personal thinking or emotional state is right this moment. (hops back off)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaughterOfARevolver

thats certainly one way to look at it.....

another however would be talking military strategy.....

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If I may offer a humble opinion. A lot of people are concerned. Many are worried and some, especially those who may not even recall the first days of the current wars, are downright scared. The media isn't helping, but then, some of that is simply reporting the facts as they are happening too. How else do you report the quotes of the leaders and regimes involved on all sides as well as real world shifting of major military forces for 4 nations, increasing by the day it seems?

Everyone expresses that differently. Some find solace and comfort in declaring what they'd like to do or see, given the emotions Kim's misbehavior on the International stage has led to here. Some, as mentioned in other threads, even have loved ones who may take this right in the teeth and on the first day of hostilities.

All kinds of emotions rest behind the words...and some of it I think is pretty disturbing too. I try and consider how much we cannot know about each contributor though and what their personal thinking or emotional state is right this moment. (hops back off)

These types of psychopathic posts have been going on in droves in that forum for years. This North Korean propaganda has absolutely nothing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I think most of it is just for shock value, to see what kinds of reactions they can get out of people. Apparently a lot of people are entertained by that kind of thing.

Also, I doubt they are all psychopaths, more likely bored kids. And not all psychopaths are pro war. Wars are generally very inconvenient. Kind of a broad and unfair brush to be painting with.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Your concerns are valid as a general reference...not just ATS. You'll never know, how many psychopaths surround you in your daily life, until they go out and commit a massacre.

You have to take online reference with a grain of salt...many people feel encouraged by the anonymity internet offers, and behave very much differently than they do IRL. So, I would suggest to take it more lightly...

It's the net...people feel brave...loud...aggressive...since there are no consequences.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I found that you will find psychopaths in pretty much every forum on ATS

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

I think most of it is just for shock value, to see what kinds of reactions they can get out of people. Apparently a lot of people are entertained by that kind of thing.

Also, I doubt they are all psychopaths, more likely bored kids. And not all psychopaths are pro war. Wars are generally very inconvenient. Kind of a broad and unfair brush to be painting with.

I am not saying they are sociopaths. I am saying they are psychopaths. Which they most definitely are if we take the posts seriously. By any measure or definition that would make them psychopaths.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

If you take them out of context like you have, then yes, they're psychopathic.

If you place them in the correct perspective, then no. It's not psychopathic to want to stop someone from killing you.

Why do you even post such an obvious fallacy? Are you trying to bait people into agreeing to war with nk? What is your true agenda?
edit on 4/4/2013 by Bleeeeep because: wrong word

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well as a race we are warlike and primitive. Predators of prey nature. Just can't leave behind millions of years of conditioning. When faced with fear we have the fight or flight response. In these forum's we can act out on those primitive responses with disturbing words instead of going off on a killing spree.

People running through the streets in a panic screaming were all going to die comes to mind lol. ( Clearly a flight response)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'm in complete agreement that we need to act with a military strike for the following reasons

The highly coveted United Nation has not been able to address the issue

Russia and China continue to allow North Korea to say and do what they want

North Korea is directly threatening the United States with catastrophic force

We will in the near future no longer to sustain economic sanctions against North Korea if the dollar is devalued and the Chinese Yuan takes the lead. Unlike during the Bush Administration where we could prohibit banks from dealing with them which was crippling to NK and more importantly crippled Kim Jong Il's family because they had serious trouble getting money out of the bank.

You can be disturbed by the way people bang the war drum but the reality is their fear to act quickly is justified. Many will say how the US has treated other countries and we have it coming but I'm concerned that in the very near future words will change to deeds and we cannot afford to ignore the lunatic down the street because like most crazy people, they eventually act on their desires.

And as a side note if you are uncomfortable with the World War III portion of ATS stay off. I find some stuff on here that is equally offensive that is discussed from the left and the right as they too seem brainwashed and deranged.
edit on 4-4-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I would say that just as in RL people on the internet are scared, and sometimes when scared folks say things that they don't necessarily mean. Inappropriate humor or displays of verbal "bravado" are just some of the ways that many people deal with fear. If that offends you then you should probably stay away from my family's wakes and funerals- they are inappropriate joke fests!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

S+F for you, I feel the same way everytime I read "nuke them" "we turn this country into glass" and such things. Maybe it's an european attitude, but I'm afraid of this too, but I want a peaceful solution to this crisis and not a retalition with full force, because scared americans feel better then.

And just as a suggestion, this would have been better placed in the offtopic rant section.
edit on 4/4/2013 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

The real hard core psychopaths rerely express their hatred in the public... People who do, are doing it out of fear and insecurity they feel inside..... In most cases the shy quiet types are the ones who do most of the plans and execute the real actions.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I know what you mean, but the bottom line... if you don't like it, don't read it. Find something else to do. Why should ATS management restrict someone's warmongering opinion just because you don't like it? Instead, how about you defeat their argument with one of your own.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join