It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Luxury skyscraper in Russia complete ablaze

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Not really a lot to add as this has just started breaking....

Fire skyscrapers Grozny City in Grozny Tower Olympus Flames have enveloped all floors of the highest building in the North Caucasus, southern Russia. All people have managed to leave the building.

The Grozny-city complex in the Chechen Republic includes luxury apartments and a 5-star hotel. At the same time there have been reports suggesting that the fire started on the top floor and the bottom floor was on fire as well.
All people have managed to leave the building; one woman was seen to be supported by others, witnesses said. Local police confirmed no one was injured. Fire units and ambulances have arrived at the scene. Nearly 300 people are involved in extinguishing the fire. The area around the Grozny-City complex has been cordoned off. Firefighters have managed to extinguish the flames on the lower floors. However, the fire has spread very quickly, making it difficult to tackle the blaze from the ground.
Helicopters have been sent from the southern city of Pyatigorsk to help out. Interfax news agency reports the local emergency service said the call about the fire on between the 4th and 5th floors was received at around 18:00 PM local time (14:00 GMT).
In the burning skyscrapers called "Olympus" is an apartment belonging to French film star and tax exile Gerard Depardieu. LifeNews tabloid reports local administration confirmed the Frenchman's apartment is on the 27th floor, facing the so-called "heart of Grozny"- central mosque.
"The fire has completely enveloped the right-hand side of the skyscraper. Both the wall and the window of the actor's apartment have been damaged," the tabloid quoted a local police source as saying.

edit on 3-4-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I guess it should only take about an hour until it comes straight down into it's own footprint. Those desk fires can melt steel ya know!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I couldn't imagine myself being in that building. Can anyone confirm or deny the video? I haven't seen any other information about it online.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
And we're all watching to see whether it acts like our
BBQ grills and stays up or falls like high grade steel apparently does.
If Putin was involved it'll fall.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

It only happened an hour ago...RT is reporting on it

rt.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I bet it won't fall.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
First, the super rich exiled russian in UK was found dead in his toilet. He was the one who put Putin on the throne, yet he went into exile and is now dead.

Now, a super-rich apartment was set ablaze.

Seems like the super rich ussians are being targetted.

Trotsky helped Lenin in the russian revolution, and was booted out by Lenin once he gained power. History repeating itself?

Guess dead men tell no tales.........
edit on 3-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What do you bet that it does NOT collapse in its own footprint from the fire damage??

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Russian false flag? Don't they already have the equivalent of the "Patriot Act" over there?

Live feed from RT:

Live feed link RT to Tower fire
edit on 3-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

What does it matter? Half of the people around this site are already drafting their demolition claims in case it actually does happen...

Either way the response is the same: "I told you!"

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

And it very well might not as it has not sustained any major internal structure damage, but rather just a fire.
Additionally, the full force of the local fire departments will be available to concentrate their efforts on that one fire.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
*If it doesn't fall into its own footprint - "See! I told you 9/11 was an inside job!"

*If it does fall into its own footprint - "Russia demolished their own building! False flag event!"

You can't please a true conspiracy theorists. .

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by eXia7

And it very well might not as it has not sustained any major internal structure damage, but rather just a fire.
Additionally, the full force of the local fire departments will be available to concentrate their efforts on that one fire.

Tower 7 didn't receive any "major" internal damage either so I guess that was just an anomaly?
edit on 4-4-2013 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
I guess it should only take about an hour until it comes straight down into it's own footprint. Those desk fires can melt steel ya know!

HAHA,

I got about 10% in to the OP and thought the same thing. I've not even looked in to, but I'd bet my life earning that it doesn't fall.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
From the OP article:

In the burning skyscrapers called "Olympus" is an apartment belonging to French film star and tax exile Gerard Depardieu.

... and while Olympus was burning:

Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart attend Olympus Has Fallen premiere in London

Actors Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart attend the premiere of Olympus Has Fallen, a film about a terrorist attack on the White House.

Not Gerard Depardieu, but Gerard Butler...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I can't even imagine. I hope to God those people get out alive.
Thank you for sharing - the more prayers the better!

peace

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
And Putin the other day told all russian officials to close all their foreign accounts within the next 3 months.
And if they have real estate holdings, they have some explaining to do.

Sounds like something going down, but what?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

as for me russians continue to earn money) they set the tower on fire to take money from putin)) thats for sure

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart

What would be REALLY clever is that some people find out how a building is constructed before they make themselves look kind of stupid.

Grozny Towers during construction !!!!

REINFORCED CONCRETE construction in a 3d grid ie internal floor columns you can see the reinforcement at the top of the picture to tie in with the next concrete pour.

WTC TOWERS steel with open plan floors suspended between core and outer wall NO internal columns between floors.

WTC 7 steel with open plan foyer another steel frame layout that could cause loading problems.

When you read about a building fire many on here jump to the usual quotes re 9/11, find out how the buildings are constructed before you make a comment.

It might be just the fact that I work in the construction industry and have for a long time that I bother to check details like that

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Were there any casualties?

Did witnesses report hearing EXPLOSIONS before the building went ablaze?

Have any witnesses suddenly died of mysterious circumstances.. yet??

new topics

top topics

join