It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Are Recent Posts Logged?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have noticed a phenomena in the "Recent Posts" section of the website, namely, posts seem to suddenly disappear from the general listing. Let me give you an example:

Say a member opens up a new post that I find interesting but does not have the mass appeal of say, "Empty Shell Humans Eat Aliens". Instead, it is just the OP and a handful of other posters having a discussion. If I happen to go over to the Recent Posts section, I can initially see the posts up on the board. If I go away for 5 minutes, however, and look again, they are no where to be found.

Wait, before you say that these posts simply rolled off the Recent Posts platform, this does not seem possible. In the most recent occurrence, I saw the post hit the Recent Posts section just 5 minutes previous to looking at the section again to relocate the thread. The posts do have timestamps on them. I have scrolled through all 4 pages (spanning the previous 24 hours) of posts looking for the original thread, just to make sure that I was not misinterpreting what was going on. They simply were NOT there.

So, my question is thus: Are posts frequently dropped from the "Recent Post" page when an OP's topic is not "getting the numbers"?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NaturalHealer

Well i can think of few reason, while you were looking fro that post in the 1 to 4 pages, it might have pushed to first page, when when you were at first page it got pushed to 2nd page etc....

2nd, it could have been banned.

Best thing to do is subscribe the thread and track it on "myATS"

join