It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Twain, Satan & War Drums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
As we note the swelling timbre of the too-familiar, global war drums, it seems a proper moment to recall the words of Satan in Mark Twain's, "The Mysterious Stranger", as he speaks of war;

""And what does it amount to?', said Satan, with his evil chuckle. "Nothing at all.You gain nothing; you always come out where you went in. For a million years the race has gone on monotonously reperforming this dull nonsense - to what end? No wisdom can guess!'

'Who gets profit out of it? Nobody but a parcel of usurping little monarchs and nobilities who despise you; would feel defiled if you touched them; would shut the door in your face if you proposed to call; whom you slave for, fight for, die for, and are not ashamed of it, but proud; whose existence is a perpetual insult to you and you are afraid to resent it; who are medicants supported by your alms, yet assume toward you the airs of benefactor toward beggar; who address you in the language of master to slave, and are answered in the language of slave to master; who are worshipped by you with your mouth, while in your heart - if you have one - you despise yourselves for it.'"

Samuel Clemens' words ring true today because they represent the reality of the human condition. Anyone who picks up a gun or builds a bomb or develops a surveillance system to ultimately profit these manipulative toads is a damned fool; a blood-soaked and willing slave, no matter how well-compensated they may be for their services.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NaturalHealer

I think that a general lack of education and the failure to objectively write history is the blame here. If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you want to go. Sadly, we are confused about our past and I think this is deliberately done to divide and control us.

Fear not: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.Ezekiel 25:17 Whether you believe in the word of God or not, you have to admit that what is said there stands true even today.

I love that quote and I find that today those who have eyes to see and ears to listen can guide the ones who don't see right from wrong. The only way evil people can win is if the good ones do nothing. I fear no man, only God.

S + F

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

I whole-heartedly agree with your words save for, perhaps, the good men doing nothing. Rather than waiting with bated breath for the proverbial straw that sets civil war in action in order to enact soughtafter change, which history teaches us will ultimately change nothing, we should instead do pro-active, "Nothing";

We should do nothing to propagate war, whether it be enlisting, weapons development, or building the vessels needed to conduct war. We should contribute nothing to the existing banking system; we should deposit nothing in their vaults and owe them nothing. We should refuse to invest in and buy the products of corrupt companies that own our politicians. We should refuse to buy products that are literally killing us with chemicals and altered genetics. We should refuse to vote until campaign contributions and monetary favors are banished from our system. In short, we should do nothing to support their aims and, in doing so, cut them off at the knees, all without firing a single shot. All it would take is for all mankind to do, "Nothing".
edit on 1-4-2013 by NaturalHealer because: Typo

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NaturalHealer

Ironic isn't it? I agree we should stop trying to "help" earths natural equilibrium and let her be as she can rebuild herself better than with our assistance. We should stop sacrificing our liberties for a little security. We need to give our money to the right people who support a system that is sustainable for many generations to come, devoid of these short sighted money schemes. So much needs to be undone!

In the end the meek and righteous shall inherit the earth. So let "them" try, the end result will be the same. I don't worry anymore, I have faith. Meaning I believe a certain outcome will be before it happens. I trust in the word of God because it makes sense in my heart, when you look at the world we live in and what He tries to teach us, He designed His word to prevent us from being where we are today. However, it seems to apply what He says is difficult and people are arrogant, hard headed and full of pride. Not to mention, some confuse His word and try to discredit Him. Make no mistake "them" are dark forces who work to poison us mind, body and soul. Reality is stranger then fiction.

People don't want to see or to listen, everybody glances and hears. I am happy to read that you are of like mind. You will be in my prayers.

new topics

top topics

join