It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else ever experienced the butterfly affect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Since I was very young I have had these strange experiences that I can only describe as the butterfly affect. In the movie right before the main character is going to go back in time the room shakes but only to him. If you have seen the movie you know what I am talking about.

For me they happen right before I am about to do something wrong. One experience that sticks out in my mind is when I was about 10 and I was at a local gas station. I was going to steel a piece of beef jerky. I made up my mind I was going to do it and I reached into the jar. Just as I did I had the butterfly affect. I felt like my soul was being shaken as if someone or something was saying, no don’t do that. I stole the beef jerky anyway, not understanding what just happened. I wasn’t even sure what happened, still not sure. As time went on I began to recognize that it happened whenever I was about to do something wrong. Keep in mind I am NOT a very bad person. I began to recognize the sensation and not do what I was going to do. As I grew older the feeling or sensation has gone away. Not sure if it’s because I grew out of it or because I really don’t do things like that anymore? Has anyone else every had an experience like this or am I just weird?

edit on 31-3-2013 by WesternIowaParanormal because: Spelling error

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
hmmmm.. that's not really the butterfly effect. That's just how its portrayed in the movie. What you might be experiencing is your conscience telling you what you are about to do is wrong based on popular understanding of laws.
The true Butterfly Effect is a small dependence on an initial set of conditions where a small change in one place can result in very large differences at a different place. The famous example: the formation of a hurricane being dependent on whether or not a butterfly, far away, had flapped its wings several weeks before.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WesternIowaParanormal

Oh how I would love to have that 'knowing' feeling. I guess I do actually. I feel conviction when I'm about to do something that I know is wrong. I think we all do. It's the things that I do that I don't know are wrong that would be helpful to know about. How I could not hurt someone, or not cause stress or complication to befall another.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yeah, I've experienced it. I was alone one night, watching television. I noticed an odd feeling brewing in my gut, like sonething in my house just wasn't right. I started thinking very deeply about my life, almost like a meditation. This went on for about ten minutes. After I started to come out of it I stood up, shook my head and said out loud

"This movie sucks"!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I've had times of enhanced clarity. One time it was while playing basketball so maybe it could be contributed to adrenaline much like what you were probably feeling as you reached into the jar. You knew you were doing wrong and in that heightened moment chemicals were released in the brain, your blood pressure raises, and you get a weird euphoric high from adrenalin and maybe a little dopamine.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Only when very drunk have I done something like that. I come to regret it the day after, lol. I don't drink anymore for that very reason, I do things I normally wouldn't do.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I dont pretend to know exactly what it was but I dont think it was adrenaline. I have panic attacks now and I know that feeling all to well and that wasnt really it. And it only lasts a few seconds. Its the strangest feeling. Almost like being shocked or shaken really hard, it has actually physically moved me before.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The butterfly effect... pff

So someone is always 'kind' to you while within his/herself he/she is constantly mocking/hurting/killing you. Now that could lead to a real #ed up reality looking back, for spirit is real.

Only wolves in sheep clothing create butterfly effects.

new topics

top topics

join