It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

83 miners buried alive in a goldmine 2000 rescue workers still looking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

While everyone is busy disscusing north korea 83 people are trapped in a dark place

This is just news out of a nightmare
imagine being trapped in darkness along with 82 other people deep underground, no food and no idea if anyone is looking for you

Rescuers seek 83 miners after massive landslide in Tibet Autonomous Region

reported by Xinhua, the Chinese state-run news agency.

The incident occurred Friday, about 6 a.m. in Maizhokunggar County, east of Lhasa, the regional capital.

The likelihood of the miners' survival of the Friday landslide are slim, a government spokesperson was quoted in the Xinhua report. Rescue efforts are ongoing, despite being hindered by additional minor landslides and altitude sickness. The mining site is located at 4,600 meters, which is 15,092 feet. Cold temperatures falling to -3 degrees Celsius (26 degrees Fahrenheit) have hampered the sniffer dogs' sense of smell and their ability to trace the trapped miners, the news agency reported.

edition.cnn.com...

www.clickorlando.com...

update from today
www.slackpile.com...

Search continues Tibet miners buried alive No survivors yet found 28 hours after 83 workers buried by landslide at mine, despite search by 2,000 rescue workers.... read more... More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on google Share on twitter Published By: Al Jazeera English - Today

edit on 30-3-2013 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I guess this is a golden opportunity for those miners to get to know each other in a much richer, down to earth manner.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
I guess this is a golden opportunity for those miners to get to know each other in a much richer, down to earth manner.

don't see you having a heart attack anytime soon

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I shouldn't laugh. Somewhere, in the great beyond, there is a bean counter with his spectral pen making a hash mark on the debt side of my karmic ledger. I can't help it though...the sheer tragedy kinda brings that pinch of black humor. I suppose you could also say they are getting a very deep understanding of human interaction in those real dark places of nature. Err...

Okay... now that the black humor is all out .... I wonder why they even call it Tibet? I was rather shocked ..in fact, not just shocked, I was STUNNED to find Tibet literally doesn't exist. China didn't simply invade them, rape them and annex them. They quite literally erased them from the map.
Poor Tibetans get to mine themselves to death for the Chinese State and don't even have the right to call their land by the name it rightfully carries.

I do hope they get them all out ...but that area of the world has a bad habit of finding the threshold for write-off to this kind of accident FAR sooner than a place like, say, Chile with it's miners.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Buried alive, injured, panicked....

God be with them.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I can't imagine being in such a situation. My heart goes out to them and their families.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I wonder though, I mean, they're miners so they would have flashlights/light source and most likely an emergency kit for these types of situations? Considering how dangerous mining is known to be..

It is very sad, but if they have rescue teams already looking for them, there is a good chance things will look up.
Heart goes out to their families

new topics

top topics

join