It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina to Default at Midnight Tonight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Argentine defiance in appeal of $1.4 billion debt ruling aims at unlikely Supreme Court win

With just hours to go before Argentina has to show its last cards in a billion-dollar debt showdown in the U.S. courts, President Cristina Fernandez seems to be keeping up her "we're going for more" motto. Her government is reportedly preparing a response that analysts say could lead the country into another catastrophic default.

ca.finance.yahoo.com...

Well, with Europe facing continuing problems, the US ever increasing deficit at about 16+ trillion, countries around the globe talking about implementing the Cyprus template here is another piece of bad news. (I just found out that Canada has a Cyprus type statement in our new budget)

I am amazed that all these events haven't finally thrown us off the fiscal cliff. But if Argentina does default, will it be the event that causes a global financial meltdown?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yep, thay want a Bail In...is what they call it...
I myself plan to bail OUT at the earliest opportunity next week after hearing that news....BY BY BOM.......

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Lol, what is the new??
Always we have been in debt, we are accustomed, Argentina of my heart.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Massive protests in argentina now

For the third time in less than a year in many parts of the country growing popular protest against the Government, under the pots and pans of 18A, organized through social networks. Around 20, arrived at the Plaza de Mayo massive marches posters heaping claims.

translate.google.com...://www.lanacion.com.ar/1573998-cacerolazo-18a

top topics

join