It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI ‘flying saucers’ in New Mexico report most viewed in bureau’s electronic reading room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well this is welcome news to our crowd I'm sure...it's cool that its an unrelated event around the same time as

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A single-page FBI memo relaying a vague and unconfirmed report of flying saucers found in New Mexico in 1950 has become the most popular file in the bureau’s electronic reading room.

The memo, dated March 22, 1950, was sent by FBI Washington, D.C., field office chief Guy Hottel to then-Director J. Edgar Hoover.

According to the FBI, the document was first made public in the late 1970s and more recently has been available in the “Vault,” an electronic reading room launched by the agency in 2011, where it has become the most popular item, viewed nearly 1 million times. The Vault contains around 6,700 public documents.

FBI ‘flying saucers’ in New Mexico report most viewed in bureau’s electronic reading room

Well....according to this single report.👽
edit on 29-3-2013 by fishmaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2013 by fishmaster because: Trouble with link to the article.

edit on 29/3/2013 by ArMaP because: Link corrected

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
From the Terms & Conditions:Proper Attribution for the posting of copyrighted material owned by others is defined as posting a relevant snippet of the online content not to exceed 10% of the entire piece, a properly formed link back to the source website, and a clear indication of the name of the source website
edit on 29/3/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fishmaster

Your link doesn't work , page not found .

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishmaster
Well this is welcome news to our crowd I'm sure...

Hi fishmaster,

You may know that this memo has been discussed in various threads over the years, including in my rather lengthy thread at the link below:

Debunked! The FBI alien bodies memo – A case study in the reinvention of the wheel

I've updated that thread a few times this week to include links to the new FBI press release this week about the memo being the most viewed item on the FBI's Vault website and press reports about that press release (including a CNN video about it and a report on Yahoo News).
edit on 29-3-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well I tried...seemed like fresh news from the AP and Washington post...sadly the link is being a buggar.

new topics

top topics

join