It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Billion Pixel Panorama of Mars from Curiosity Rover.....It Looks Like Mars Just Needs Water

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If we put water on Mars, will the sky turn blue?

Panorama of Mars - Curiosity

I guess the first thing to do is to install a reasonable magnetic field on Mars.

Right now Mars is getting blasted by endless solar wind.

They should move Curiosity closer to the Grand Canyon of Mars.

How far to the Cydonia Face?

edit on 29-3-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

No, to get a blu(ish) sky you just need to removed the dust.

Right now Mars is getting blasted by endless solar wind.

Yes, but weaker than what we get on Earth.

They should move Curiosity closer to the Grand Canyon of Mars.

Not possible, Valles Marineris (I suppose that's what you meant) is almost in the opposite side of Mars, some 6500 km away.

How far to the Cydonia Face?

6200 km from Gale crater to the "face".

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Lets just send Arnold Schwarzenegger to Mars to start the reactor.

Hint: It's inside the big pyramid.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hey, that panorama is loaded with obvious artifacts from a long-dead Martian civilization! Oh, and fossils like crazy, too! Fossils and remnants of old machines, because you know how frequently those are found together.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
couldn't resist

and here's marvin and bugs.

edit on 29-3-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Beautiful image!

It looks just like some areas in Utah! =D

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Nice find.

One question tho...If there's no life on Mars, who or what made repairs with Duct Tape?

Peace

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
We need mars to have more gravity to live there also it is only 38% that of earths.
We couldn't live there for a large amount of time because out bodies are used to earth gravity...it would cause havoc with our internal organs.
Sorry I just can not see us living there until we discover how to control gravity.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Disappointing. They could have gotten a more interesting picture out in a desert here on earth. Sand and rocks......They should have put that camera somewhere on Hawaii.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Disappointing. They could have gotten a more interesting picture out in a desert here on earth. Sand and rocks......They should have put that camera somewhere on Hawaii.

What's interesting about it is that it's from another planet. Taking a picture like that from another planet is an amazing feat of ingenuity.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

The panorama also allows you to ZOOM !

That's why i want them to drive over to the Grand Canyon of Mars.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

No, to get a blu(ish) sky you just need to removed the dust.

Without the dust, martian sky will be very dark blue, almost black, like it is when you get to the stratosphere on Earth. To get a nice blue sky like we're used to seeing, Mars needs a whole lot more of atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

There are plenty of photos and panoramas of Hawaii and other places on Earth. There is only one rover on Mars that systematically takes colour images on that planet. I don't understand how you can get dissapointed about that. If anything, we need more rovers there (including one on the edge of the Valles Marineris, and one at the bottom of it
).

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

There are plenty of photos and panoramas of Hawaii and other places on Earth. There is only one rover on Mars that systematically takes colour images on that planet. I don't understand how you can get dissapointed about that. If anything, we need more rovers there (including one on the edge of the Valles Marineris, and one at the bottom of it
).

At least they could have dropped a coke can so someone could pick it out. Or maybe a McDonalds wrapper. That way they could recoup some of the cost for the project from Coca-Cola or McDonalds.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

).

I know! Put a dome enclosure with a WIFI WebCam in it on the edge of the Valles Marineris.

Throw 3 big icebergs from Earth in the valley and just watch what happens.

Valles Marineris

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

).

At least they could have dropped a coke can so someone could pick it out. Or maybe a McDonalds wrapper. That way they could recoup some of the cost for the project from Coca-Cola or McDonalds.

Put an Apple Logo on it!

Apple has enough money to fund the whole project!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I guess it is not Area 51 after all

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Can they tell if any of that had organic material on it at some point?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just add water.... and we get... Mud !

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join