It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timelapse and Infrared experiments continue.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I am still trying to suss out both my R/72 IR filter and my intervalometer.
Does anyone have any tips on how to "normalise"the light in each frame to avoid the flicker you get when the sun pops behind a cloud?
Video 1:Timelapse using IR filter,8 seconds exposure,iso 400,f4.5

Video 2:Night time timelapse,2 seconds exposure,iso 3200,f5.6
Thats the moon at 24secs.

Is there any legit free software I could try to iron out the flickers?
I don't have photoshop BTW.

Any tips appreciated,as always.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well, it's not free...but Adobe DOES let you have 30 days for free with their products. Photoshop isn't the one to use anyway. NOt for a video. After Effects is where I'd go as it can make all kinds of improvements and changes to video that tracks with the movement of whatever is being altered for appearance. I took a video once where I'd shot it with a camera, while in the truck and going down rough interstate. To say the picture was unwatchable was an understatement. 30 minutes in after effects had some border areas cut out to adapt to the tracking required, but I had myself a smooth video as if there were just some minor bumps.

If you haven't used the Adobe trial before, get the Master Suite trial (The WHOLE package... Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects and the whole thing.) If it doesn't work or you hate it? Delete it. Nothing lost... If you DO like it? Well, it's real easy to find free equivalent programs to Adobe's stuff. The Master Suite just gives you the full range to play with in figuring out WHAT program you want to find the equivalent of.

(I'm assuming you're wanting more than just a one shot, one video solution and something more long term for more)
edit on 29-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There are more out there on how to get flicker free video. It is your aperture and auto lighting settings best to do before you shoot though...

I am betting there is one on how to do this in some video editing software too...
edit on 29-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Much appreciated abeverage-star for ya.
That's a very informative video,with many tips for me to try.
I am already doing some of his tips,but others I had not heard of.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by abeverage

Much appreciated abeverage-star for ya.
That's a very informative video,with many tips for me to try.
I am already doing some of his tips,but others I had not heard of.

No problem and good luck I will await your next work, this time with no flicker!

top topics

join