It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numerous gas leaks across the United States?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

GARDEN GROVE (CBSLA.com) — Ten students were taken to area hospitals Wednesday after being sickened by an unknown odor in a classroom at a Garden Grove high school. Officials at Pacifica High School at 6851 Lampson Ave. called in emergency response personnel after the unidentified odor was detected around 12:40 p.m., according to Garden Grove police. KCAL9′s Michelle Gile reported the students were transported after complaining of dizziness and nausea. As many as 40 students were affected by similar symptoms. As many as five ambulances were seen responding to the call. School officials said classes were continuing as usual, despite student who described the scene on campus as “chaotic.” “The teachers are like freaking out, everyone in the office is freaking out, making sure kids are not in danger,” said student Bradley O’Dell. Investigators were on scene to determine the cause of the odor.

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Authorities went going door-to-door in Brookside to evacuate residents after a two-inch gas line was struck in the area Wednesday night. First crews on the scene indicated a "strong smell" of natural gas. The evacuation covered 26 homes in the 6400 block of Pennsylvania, according to KCFD spokesman James Garrett. Firefighters went inside each house to take gas readings. Garrett said some homes did have high readings. Raytown authorities were assisting with additional gas meters. 41 Action News was told by an evacuated resident that a contracting crew was repairing a communications line in the area at the time of the incident. Authorities said the line was hit around 8:30 p.m. The exact location of the break was not immediately clear, but crews had it capped by 10 p.m. Just after 10:30 p.m., authorities were allowing some residents back into their houses. Many chose to return home. Others chose to spend the night at an area hotel. No injuries were reported.

www.kshb.com...

EAST POINT — Fire officials in metro Atlanta say a man and boy have died in a suspected carbon monoxide leak in East Point. Authorities say they responded to a house about eight miles southwest of Atlanta Wednesday afternoon and found a boy they believe to be 13 and a man they believe to be 40 years old dead. Officials say a 2-year-old girl and an 11-year-old boy were also taken from the home to be evaluated at Egleston Hospital for Children. Authorities say a 22-year-old woman and a 10-month old girl were also taken for evaluations. Officials say a gas generator in the basement of the home may have led to the suspected gas leak.

onlineathens.com...

I'm not really sure what to make of this. Do you guys think there's anything here or is it just a coincidence? I personally find it very odd. Could this be related to the earthquake in Taiwan?
edit on 3/28/2013 by jessasaurusreeex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is probably related.

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, he's an electrical engineer, he works with Toyota Prius and the subject came around to his recent trip to the USA.

He said was amazed at the appalling condition of the infrastructure over there. I would imagine that if the electrical infrastructure is as bad as it is, that your gas pipelines are in similar deteriorated condition.

Combine that with minor earthquakes and you have a recipe for disaster.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jessasaurusreeex

Nice post where is the rest of it? C'mon put some effort into it,write something about it, find more info,engage a discussion about your topic.

Interesting but no, Taiwans earth quake had nothing to do with it.

Mearly all covering media makes it seem like its a high level of occurrence.

Just like a lot of people think more people get murdered today than they did in the 50's when in fact the media coverage is more than it use to be, not the murder rate.
edit on 28-3-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
How would an earthquake in Taiwan have ANYTHING to do with random and very sporadic gas/carbon monoxide cases across the US? This could happen for any number of reasons all of which are completely unrelated to an EQ in Taiwan and none of which are connected by any means. All of your referenced stories are in different areas and have very logical explanations attached....not seeing how you are thinking these are odd.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jessasaurusreeex

story # 1 - needs more info

story # 2 - is a rather routine tail of a stupid contractor damaging a municiple gas pipe and the authorities having to sort out the ensuing mess

story # 3 - another more tragic but routine tail of an idiot failing to instal / maintain / operate a peice of equipment correctly

how the hell are # 2 & 3 are in any way linked to an earthquake ?????????

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The quickening of the earth by the added energy in the world can cause a lot of problems with gas lines and underground electrical lines. It can cause the earth to settle in spots or to rise in others. I have seen this settling in my own yard over the last twenty years. I have seen evidence of hills disappearing and streets collapsing into mineshafts. Electrolytes conduct energy, salts weaken the covalent bonds while also acting as an electrolyte itself. Energy comes from many sources in the world. This can cause a pulling on gas lines underground.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Really really a stretch to link these things - at all. Man's shoelace untied in Seattle -- Old woman trips on shoelace in Miami -- coincidence or what.............
edit on 28-3-2013 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
The quickening of the earth by the added energy in the world can cause a lot of problems with gas lines and underground electrical lines. It can cause the earth to settle in spots or to rise in others. I have seen this settling in my own yard over the last twenty years. I have seen evidence of hills disappearing and streets collapsing into mineshafts. Electrolytes conduct energy, salts weaken the covalent bonds while also acting as an electrolyte itself. Energy comes from many sources in the world. This can cause a pulling on gas lines underground.

That's very interesting. As someone stated earlier our gas lines are very poorly build and I find it likely that they could easily be broken by minor shifts in the earth.
edit on 3/29/2013 by jessasaurusreeex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
For what it's worth, the day before yesterday we were driving along a highway in our area (upstate New York) and we smelled gas. I know it's not the smell of gas, but the smell they add to natural gas so you can tell if there is a leak. We smelled it for about half a mile of driving.

join