It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Strike on NOVA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's on right now on the public broadcast station on the show NOVA.

Pretty interesting so far,hopefully there will be vids on it soon.

www.pbs.org...

asteroid in time? Airing March 27, 2013 at 9 pm on PBS Program Description A blinding flash of light streaked across the Russian sky, followed by a shuddering blast strong enough to damage buildings and send more than 1,000 people to the hospital. On the morning of February 15, 2013, a 7,000-ton asteroid crashed into the Earth's atmosphere. According to NASA, the Siberian meteor exploded with the power of 30 Hiroshima bombs and was the largest object to burst in the atmosphere since the Tunguska event of 1908, which was also in Siberia and left few eyewitnesses or clues. This time, the event was captured by digital dashboard cameras, now common in Russian autos and trucks. Within days, NOVA crews joined impact scientists in Russia as they hunted for clues about the meteor's origin and makeup. From their findings, it’s clear we came close to a far worse disaster, which NOVA sets in perspective by looking at greater explosions from the past, including Tunguska and the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. "Meteor Strike" asks: Is our solar system a deadly celestial shooting gallery with Earth in the crosshairs? And what are the chances that another, more massive asteroid is heading straight for us?

Sorry to be posting it late,I just caught it and missed the first 5 min. of it.

Peace,
K

edit on 27-3-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thanks! For us it starts in 20 minutes. I set mine to record.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Here is a preview to it. I thought it was pretty good on how they took all the different camera footage and determined where it came from and how lucky those ruskies where that it didn't obliterate them.

new topics

join