It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That time you confused the paranormal for something that had a completely logical explanation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The time it wasn't paranormal.....

Let me set the scene.....

I went to college on a campus in the rural south, where the original buildings had been inspired by the Gothic architecture of Great Britian....so picturesque that it's been used as a backdrop in a number of movies. Stone towers, tall leaded windows, high echo-y ceilings.....looks very castle like.

Some of my textile/sewing classes were held in one wing, below the empty top floor that was then used mainly for storage after another department had moved to a more modernized building. My professor had sent several of us to the dark, deserted upper floor to return some items she no longer needed.

At the far end of this dark hallway was an old 'book room' with a faint glow of light coming thru the dingy panes of glass in the upper half of the door. Since there was supposed to be no one on the floor, we were kinda curious and were drawn to this light, the door was locked of course.

As I tried to peer thru the dirty glass, with my classmates standing on my heels, almost breathing down my neck....I had to use the cuff of my sleeve to wipe a clean spot on the pane, just to see into the room where the source of the light was....As I managed to get a small spot clean enough to see....there, right in the middle of the room, stood a headless woman in a pale blue dress!

I backed away with a gasp, practically trampling on my friends who didn't take long to decide to follow me....but about halfway down the hall, we managed to get our fright under control....and talked ourselves into taking another peek thru the window.

After cleaning a bit larger spot....we could more clearly see the headless woman.....an old dressmaker's dummy in a blue dress, bathed in a shaft of sunlight that came thru a skylight in the center of the ceiling!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Haha wow I would have freaked out too!!

<< 1   >>

join