It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does not exist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalm 14:1.

Do I need to post a list of atheists who have changed our world for the better? Or point out that fact that most of our founding fathers were not Christian or Catholic?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

One nice shiny star from me, man. Dope dude!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Angle,

While I am in complete agreement, it is only my opinion, my view on the universe that states god does not exist. It is actually religion that turned me against there being a god or even an 'unknown' entity. Take a look at religion as a whole and from the beginning. If there is one guiding entity, then it has screwed with humanity from the start.

There has never been a consistent way to worship ever. And if you vary even slightly from another's way of worship, then at the worst you should be killed. And this so called kind and benevolent entity allows this and in its name. I know, I know, those who are religious will say "but my individual god does not do this". Ah, yes it dose.

Let me ask you this, do you believe your religion is correct beyond a shadow of a doubt? So does your neighbor, yet they believe in a completely different god. And according to your neighbor, you are the one going to hell. Yet their belief is just as strong as yours. And this goes back to Summaria and beyond. Where were the contemporary gods then? Or is it okay to follow the sumerian gods?

From what I see, either god made humans, threw them to the wolves and said if you don't do as I want then you go to hell, but to make it interesting, I will only tell a few select groups what I want. Now lets say god came to me and said everyone must hop on one foot three times a day, I now go and tell everyone what I heard, and if no one believes me should they be subject to hell? An absentee god is no god.

Again, if you want to look at all this from the perspective of your religious view only then you are just as guilty as your neighbor in being narrow of vision and blind to the larger view.

Now, having written all this, it really doesn't bother me if anyone believes in any particular god, so long as you don not try a force me to follow those beliefs. What you feel is no more or less valid than what I feel. And so long as you respect me, I will respect you.
edit on 27-3-2013 by ObservingTheWorld because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Tire tracks prove that a motorized vehicle exists. Those tire tracks do not prove that the vehicle is of the make and model you are describing. In that sense, sacred geometry proves to a certain extent that there is a genius to the design of the universe...but it in no way proves that it's a psychopathic narcissist genius such as many would have us believe.

And if you would like to use sacred geometry to prove the existence of the Judaic god, then I'll take two tickets for that comedy, please.

edit on 27-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Atheist's are funny, I won't discredit them because everyone is entitled to there own views.

It's not a fact that "God" does not exist, nor even that a "Higher Power"/"The Divine"/"Ascended Masters"
do not exist either.

I take it as such~ We have writings that span farther back than any of us have lived (Unless you believe in reincarnation but that's neither here nor that right now) all bundling itself up to the sumerian times.

Yes we have 10 Jebus's (Prolly more pending how many you can count in different religions) same w/ Noah's / Moses's / Mother Mary of God / bundle them all up and you'll trace it back to the sumerian time. Does it mean that everything was a re-creation??? Probably, man has a way of twisting words and tales to there own perverted goals and needs. It doesn't mean that the stories aren't true, It means man is truelly twisted and screwed with the history.

An atheist says that there is just darkness after we die, some of the most hard headed people I ran across. To them I say since you can't understand my view point on life, then I will not accept you as your just a figment of my imagination and do not exist. Like "God" right? Just a figment? Boy did they not like talking with me......

Even in this thread, do any of you even exist? Or is this text appearing on screen w/ different avatar names a figment of my imagination? Maybe the light was hitting just right for me to see, even then ATS does not exist, nor does TPTB nor does SCOTUS or POTUS.

Just Ego's that are tri-filling with something that is more than being "Human" and more than anyone here at present time could understand. But you can not, not say that God does not exist, and you can't say that he does. What's more of the paradox?

Chicken or the Egg~ Greatest debate since sliced bread

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Chicken or the Egg~ Greatest debate since sliced bread

You obviously haven't met Google, or you would have known the answer to that a while ago.
edit on 27-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Ahahahahah
Google the greatest desipherer of knowledge since the philosopher's stone

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

Ahahahahah

But it all depends on which link you click. I have clicked 2 and 1 says the egg and the other says the chicken, both have convincing 'theories'.
You still have to work it out for yourself.
Don't believe everything you read on google.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

Aren't you exaggerating a bit? Now I'll read the rest of your post.

Well, I don't think I have what a lot call a 'religion'. But what they are trying to address with this word I suppose I have. And a good one that is. Religion is not like having a finger or such. Paul says: If you want to be religious, go see widows and be like their husband for them, and go visit orphins." Then one is 'religious' says Paul. Then what is religion. The word religion has no meaning. I'd rather have faith than having a religion. Or I'd say I have the religion that demands faith.

edit on 27-3-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
I always thought if there was a god we don't have the faculties to comprehend it.

It would be like an ant trying to understand the space shuttle. It's so beyond the ants understanding and reality That the ant wouldn't even realize that it was there.

I like this
it makes sense as the space shuttle is indeed there and to take it further imagine what it would take for that ant to understand time and distance as well.. to reach the shuttle.

nice share

edit on 3/27/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

But it all depends on which link you click. I have clicked 2 and 1 says the egg and the other says the chicken, both have convincing 'theories'.
You still have to work it out for yourself. There is no way of knowing for sure.

www.brainpickings.org...

The chicken can't come first because the egg didn't change its genetic code before the chicken emerged, which means the egg is identical to the species of chicken that emerged. But the video gets more into it.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

You still have to work it out for yourself. There is no way of knowing for sure.

www.brainpickings.org...

The chicken can't come first because the egg didn't change its genetic code before the chicken emerged, which means the egg is identical to the species of chicken that emerged. But the video gets more into it.

Its the dinosaur that hatched the eggs

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

The reason they did not like the "figment of your imagination" argument is that you are saying you are god. Either we all live in your mind to the exclusion of all else (and then some part of your subconscious believes in atheism) or we are all individuals living in a physical world. So, if we are part of your imagination then makes god a moot point as only you determine what is reality (and isn't it a bit worrying that you argue with aspects of your own imagination?).

However, if we are all individuals then your "figment of your imagination" is moot. And if this is all real, then we need to really talk about how god has treated humanity. Tell me, how many of the worshipped gods throughout human civilization are correct? I bet you cannot answer that one. Or did god send prophets to all cultures where some listened and some did not? Why not send prophets today seeing as we are in desperate need of them?

And as for the chicken and the egg. There can only be one of two answers. Creationist: God created the chicken. Evolution: There was no first of either, it was a process of change that made what is existing today.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by sulaw

Ahahahahah

But it all depends on which link you click. I have clicked 2 and 1 says the egg and the other says the chicken.

Awesome response, I guess that leads us too~ Don't believe every religious book that's out there. Though they all hold the same knowledge, one book was twisted by man one way while the other (You get the picture) Doesn't mean the stories are fake, it just takes a personal understanding on what stance each individual wants to take in there life. Because every individual has a different view on life does not mean that "God" does not exist. For when you Google God you get many many many many many many links, God is out of our understanding but we try anyway.

I'm actually tired of all this God talk.... I hate talking about myself.... LMAO sooooooooo~ Joking~ I won't go to hell for that comment either and when I meet St. John or Peter or Paul at the pearlie gates were blazzing a phatty and throwing a party~ Gangnum Style, For God By God!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

This is clearly an attempt to rustle some feathers.

God cannot be proven, neither can He be disproved. It's a value judgement, not something subject to objective analysis. Never will be. It simply cannot be.

It's, as you said, something we either include or exclude from our life based on how we feel about it.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yes, it all depends how deep you go and how it is looked at.

The first link I clicked was this:

msnbc.com

updated 7/14/2010 6:17:55 AM ET

It is an age-old riddle that has perplexed generations: Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Now British scientists claim to have finally come up with the definitive answer: The chicken.

The scientific and philosophical mystery was purportedly unraveled by researchers at Sheffield and Warwick universities, according to the Daily Mail newspaper.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

www.brainpickings.org...

Yes - a baby chicken can come from something that is not a chicken and a baby chicken emerges from a chicken egg - was the conclusion of the video.
Did you know every human female is born complete with every egg she will ever have?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by runetang

This is clearly an attempt to rustle some feathers.

God cannot be proven, neither can He be disproved. It's a value judgement, not something subject to objective analysis. Never will be. It simply cannot be.

It's, as you said, something we either include or exclude from our life based on how we feel about it.

Saying he can't be disproved is proof of his existence. This weighs out the fact that he doesn't exist because we cannot prove it.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Angle

How can one have mashed potatoes if one is not willing to engage in mashing? Answer this and you will find spiritual freedom.

Answer: Matthew 19:26. New International Version (NIV). 26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Or, go sleep on the potatoes, in the morning one might have.. mashed potatoes.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I don't get what you're saying.

These sort of word games work both ways. That is precisely my point. Logic can be used any way we want to use it. We pick and choose our premises, our epistemology emerges from those premises, but what are those premises ultimately built from? Hmmmmmmm? Our little old feelings. Your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

Atheists who think they have an upper hand on theists because they're more logical are simply deluding themselves. Any honest thinker knows philosophy is value centric; it reflects the personality of the individual, and not necessarily facts of existence.

A good political philosophy is one which takes into account basic things like life, liberty, happiness of the greatest number. But when it comes to God, it is simply how you feel about it. Logic will run you in circles trying to fathom the ultimacy of God. No system based logic, as wittgenstein showed, can establish the existence of God, because the thinker doing the thinking is himself constrained by the system he attempts to pass judgement on.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join