It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs that make you Cry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Mozart's Requiem is my No.1 both the introit and confutatis

Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings is also a great one, which is why it was used in Platoon so much.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Tim McGraw "Angry all the time"

Makes me cry every time!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-3-2013 by yinyang1212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hey OP, totally get the Spaceman one.. Not sure if it's been mentioned but that's a Christmas favourite here in England.

This song by Nightwish never fails to bring me to tears, quite embarrassing if I'm with one of my mates when it comes on haha.. The part that gets me every time starts at 8:00...

Reminds me of my ex-wife and the lyrics:-

"My fall will be for you
My love will be in you
You were the one to cut me
So I'll bleed forever"

Say's it all really, I still love her so much.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This song is beautiful, and I think what makes it tug at the tear ducts is not just the message, but the way it is written. Don't watch the video, it detracts from the music in my opinion. Let's face it, if the music is great in the first place, and if it speaks to you, then you will express your humanity and have a good cry. By the way, it's good for you too...

edit on 27-3-2013 by dominoeffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

edit on 27-3-2013 by tayeltony because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Hey OP, totally get the Spaceman one.. Not sure if it's been mentioned but that's a Christmas favourite here in England.

A Christmas Favourite, That's the saddest Christmas Favourite I've ever come across

Makes me cry everytime!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The Host of Seraphim by Dead Can Dance

This is a live version though the song was used perfectly during the crushing theatrical end sequence to the Stephen King film The Mist.

Breath by Sia

This is taken from the final episode of Six Feet Under which i think was the beast series finale ever. The song kicks in around the 3:20 mark so if you have not seen this yet and plan on watching then ignore this clip.

Fin De Siecle by Black Tape for a Blue Girl

Anyone that wants to know more about this band or other music like it let me know.

edit on 27-3-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

I love both of your choice's....both of which stir up deep emotion's. For sheer passion, beauty and emotional depth I don't think anything come's close to the great classic's!

I offer this one........

Chopin- Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor,

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Anything by Justin Beiber makes me sob uncontrollably ......

As I rip out my ear drums with a blunt spoon and beg for it to stop.

Just saying !

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It makes my blood boil when I see babies and children dying through starvation, when there is no need in a world of such abundance. Shame on those who make it so.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Okay....the ultimate youtube vid that give's me many mixed emotion's and make's me both cry and smile at the same time. It's not so much the song on it's own but combined with the sentiment's of the video.....

Stronger- Lip synced by children from the oncology dept at Seattle Children's Hospital

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There are no words for this...

www.youtube.com...#!
edit on 27-3-2013 by dominoeffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dominoeffect

This makes me cry, yet at the same time uplifts me - the power of music I suppose.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i got a lump in my throat from your song. made me miss my family.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

I haven't tried my hand at imbedding videos yet but there are 2 songs...one, I just googled and you can watch it there...

It is by Marianne Faithfull called "As Tears Go By"...you can google her name and song...not the best quality version but still a good song...makes me feel very sad, teary, for some reason. The google takes you to her youtube song there. She was some kind of activist if I remember correctly and rumor was she was murdered by CIA or some such faction. I may be thinking of Jean Seaberg but I'm pretty sure it was Marianne also.

The other song that really makes me bawl is from the Elvis Christmas Album called, "Mama Liked The Roses". Perhaps because of estrangement from my mom but that song is so sad and heartfelt. Every Christmas I play it and can barely see the Xmas tree lites once the tears begin. I cry for what could have been but wasn't.

Good topic/post. Thanx. Blessings to all. Some really great songs I am glad to be hearing on here tonite.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
To be Honest, I haven't cryed over a song since I was 5 years old.. That song was 2 little boys by Rolf Harris. Tears in Heaven is pretty sad as is Last Kiss. A spaceman came travelling is a cool song but not tear worthy.
edit on 27-3-2013 by brew8537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is the saddest songs ever written, played, and sung. Period!

I always cry when I hear this song play on my iPod.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The Philharnonic Orchestra with any group makes a good crying song. Try this with the Scorpions...Wind of Change.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join