It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upcoming WrestleMania 29 PBP and Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hello ladies and gentlemen! This April 7th will be a night to remember. Because WrestleMania 29 will be on live as I cannot wait for this years Mania! Here a video promo for the PVP. It's neat, but I dislike the singer in the video. He has such a boring voice. But I'm still excited for WRESTLEMANIA 29!!!!

I will run down the current card and my predictions for the matches. I would like for you guys to also share your predictions.

1.Chris Jericho vs. Fandango
I'm not completely sold on this match. But if there is one wrestler to make this match it's Jericho. I feel Jericho will most likely win compared to Fandango stealing a huge upset. I feel Fandango can win and become a mega heel. But who knows what will happen.

2. Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston
This feels like a match that was just in there because WWE needs another title match. They could have either have a U.S. or Intercontinental championship match that would have a huge storyline compared to this. I just want Ziggler to cash in his MITB and become WHC.

3. Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger
I feel this would be a great match. However, it will be over shadowed by the WWE championship. Whoever wins the WHC will be attacked by Ziggler who will cash and win the MITB!!!

4. The Undertaker vs. CM Punk
20-1 That is all I have to say. The numbers speak louder than words.

5. Sheamus, Randy Orton & Big Show vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns)
The Shield must win this year because they need to come off strong. But Sheamus, Orton, and Big Show should make them into stars.

6. Ryback vs. Mark Henry
Muscle man A. vs. Muscle man B. I predict Ryback will win and come off strong. Expect a lot of Goldberg chants from the crowd.

7. Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
This match is very predictable. I feel Triple H will win because of how the current situations on T.V present Triple H as the underdog against Lesnar. Brock Lesnar would make this a strong match where a lot of hardcore action should happen. More than any other match on the card.

8. The Rock (c) vs. John Cena
The "one time only" match is now for "redemption". I like both the Rock and Cena, but they can get stale very fast. John Cena is easily over shadowed by the Rock. I feel like the Triple H and Brock Lesnar match this is predictable. John Cena will win and the IWC will cry. I'll cry.

I wouldn't be surprised there would be more matches for the PVP. A free dark match on YouTube and the WWE website. I'll provide PBP for each match since the PVP is very expensive this year. Get wings, pizza, beer, or whatever you eat and drink. This is a one night event I feel millions will never forget!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
i predict that this years wrestlemania will be exposed as a fraud.
wait.
oh yeah that happened 30 years ago...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Yeah it's all scripted and what not. But that is where all the fun is with professional wrestling.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

LOL LOL that was funny.

i will say the rocks 3rd person thing was always entertaining...

edit on 26-3-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The... "Undertaker"? The same from letssay 20 years ago? Still in business?

Well, I saw wrestling the last time in the nineties..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Yes, the same Undertaker from all those years ago. He's gotten older now and rarely makes appearances. His only matches happen at WrestleMania because of his undefeated streak. He is now married to Michelle McCool and has a baby with her. Crazy how much older he is compared to her and he already had children from previous relationships.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

*wooooah*

wow, that was a long time ago. And he still is around? IF I dare take a look at my own health, I am quite sure about only one thing: If I were a car, I would be in the state of "old, but does his miles per day steadily. Repairs are going to go up in the next time, though!".

And this guy is still walking around!

A shame that his presenter Paul Bearer is dead, they were a dream team of crazy creepyness!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

UGH! You've got much higher hopes for this year's Mania than I do. The belt seems to be an afterthought for creative in the Cena/Rock match. That sucks because they had a chance to make something legendary. Don't have Rock beat Punk, keep the streak alive and the belt on Punk... then Taker and his streak vs Punk and his streak and the title. Honestly if Paul Bearer hadn't died, I have no clue what they would have done to build up this match. That said, it's one of two matches I have any interest in. The other match being Lesnar/Trips. I'm more interested in that match because of what could happen than what probably will happen. I'm not sold on HHH being a lock to win and I wouldn't be shocked to see him go out in a huge way (read: in a bloodbath). He's never been a big bleeder, but his last match should be THE MATCH, if you follow what I'm saying. It isn't enough to make me buy the PPV, but I'll search for some youtube coverage Sunday night if the match reports look interesting.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
There have been two more additions to the card.

Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental title.
I like the Miz more than Wade Barnett. But keep the title on Wade Barrett because I feel he needs a push.

Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay and Tensai) and The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow) and The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella)

Team Rhodes Scholars for the win! Please for the love God!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

WWE never uses any logic. If CM Punk still held the title his character could have been so much more cockier. Even with him wrestling against the Undertaker. It would have been great to allow him to continue to retain the title at Mania and defeat the Undertaker's streak. His heel status will go through the roof!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

My predictions:

1) Jericho vs Fandango - Jericho is leaving to tour with Fozzy for a month after Wrestlemania... so I think he'll job to put Fandango over - and then that sets up his return, later on, for revenge.

2) Hell No v Dolph and Big E - I think Hell No will lose, setting up Dolph for a push and an angle where Bryan and Kane get into a feud. Kane making a heel turn, thus allowing Bryan to be a face.

3) Rio v Swagger: I think Rio will retain, but by DQ. Swagger and Jeb will mob him - setting up a program to run through to the next PPV.

4) Taker v Punk: The streak will live. Taker will win. I think it's possible that Heyman might even turn on Punk and cost him the match ( maybe Lesnar runs in ) thus setting up a face turn for Punk.

5) Shamus, Orton, Show v The Shield - The Shield will win - possibly with Show being revealed to be a new member of the Shield, or in some way involved with them.

6) Ryback v Henry - Ryback will win - because he's Goldberg reincarnate ( or regurgitate )

7) Lesnar v HHH - Hard to call this one. HHH might lose so that he can be free to run the company. Or he might win setting up a rematch at the next PPV.

8) Rock v Cena - Cena will win, but make a heel turn in the process.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Bumping this because I may be one of the few people alive who actually enjoyed Wrestlemania 29.

I though that HHH vs Lesnar was solid and I got caught up enough in it to be happy when HHH won. Even Cena vs Rock was enjoyable to me... despite the fact that the entire match seemed to be "finishing moves" every 2 seconds for the entire thing.

OH MY GOD KING... CENA HAS JUST KICKED OUT OF THE NINETEENTH ROCK BOTTOM!!! NOW CENA IS ROCK BOTTOMING THE ROCK!!! THE ROCK COUNTERS WITH AN STF.... CENA COUNTERS WITH A PEOPLES ELBOW... THE ROCK COUNTERS WITH ANOTHER PEOPLES ELBOW... THE PEOPLE IN THE STANDS ARE ELBOWING EACH OTHER WITH PEOPLES ELBOWS... THIS IS MADNESS... MADNESS... And Cena gets the pin...

Moment of the night? Hands down... Punks flying elbow to the announce table. Had me chanting ECW ECW in my own living room... Well actually the chant I broke into was the two word one - the first word being "HOLY" but for ATS' sake, we'll just stick with the ECW chant thing...

In closing... why they did NOT turn Cena heel at the end of that match is beyond me. IMO he was playing a heel the whole match anyway. He mocked the crowd, mocked the Rock, acted like a jerk... then, when it was a perfect chance for him to smash the Rock with the "Peoples Belt"... grab a mike, and say "I am sick of you idiots booing me. 2013 is the year of Cena - not the year of any of YOU!".... they totally dropped the ball.

I'm positive he'll turn heel now. But they blew it not closing 'Mania with it.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I have to admit I didn't like this WrestleMania. It didn't feel like anything special or even a general professional wrestling PPV. The night was okay, but could have been better because they should have planed way ahead, then try to repeat success from other events. Crazy night. At least I had pizza and brisk tea.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The only thing I really had an issue with was P-Diddy... that was about 8 minutes worth of me sitting here going "Really??? Really??? We get this instead of a good mid-card match - like Cesaro vs anyone???"

I knew I would be in the minority already though from having read the comments on lordsofpain already.

top topics

join