It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 Year Old Arrested After Allegedly Punching State Trooper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

ARMAGH, Pa. – A 90-year-old man has been jailed on charges he punched a state trooper called to the man's western Pennsylvania home to check on the welfare of a woman who lived there. Troopers from the Indiana barracks don't say in a news release who asked them to check on the woman or why, or even who she is, and a barracks spokesman could not immediately be reached Tuesday. But police do say the Russell Stiffler threatened to shoot any troopers or medical personnel who came to his home after police were asked to check on the woman just before 6 p.m. Friday. When troopers arrived, police say Stiffler met them outside and refused to show his hands and, instead, punched a trooper and was arrested. Online court records don't list an attorney for Stiffler, who faces a hearing March 25. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

So basically if troopers hadn't been trying to illegally enter this mans home (without a search warrant) none of this would have happened. Obviously the man shouldn't become violent, but I understand his indignation when a few 'well meaning' state thugs show up at his private residence uninvited.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

technically and legally you are allowed to defend yourself and property against any intruders...including law enforcement...not many people know this..and even if you did the outcome wouldn't be good anyway.

funny how they used to be called peace officers, and now they are called LAW ENFORCEMENT officers.

the hole that we have dug ourselves in is so deep that we could barely see the light anymore..

our biggest mistake was to put, human beings in charge of human beings...

then again you all deserve it, this species loves the pain, and oppression..it is in our DNA after all..the slave species...

bunch of masochists..

you can have my body but you will never control my spirit and mind

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Many times people sign up for an alarm and any time it goes off police fire and ems respond and can make entry to check on the persons welfare. People sign up for it. Many times its a false alarm and the person doesn't know about it. Not saying that's what happened here but it happens often.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

That is an excellent point, but I don't think that is what happened here. They would have known and identified that as the source for the 'visit' if it were that simple (imo).

top topics

join