It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US unblocks $500M for Palestinians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The United States has quietly unblocked almost $500 million in aid to the Palestinian Authority which had been frozen by Congress for months, a top US official said Friday.

I thought....Sequester? Aren't we broke?

Kerry has pushed for the funds to be released since taking up his post on February 1.

Now, before you point out the annual aid sent to Israel, it is a point taken. At least Israel is a very important ally in the region...

I just don't get it, we are funding the Muslim Brotherhood, Al-CIAduh, Palestinians, yet they will have us believe we are in serious financial trouble here at home? Destruction by design?

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

At least Israel is a very important ally in the region...
Help a Bloke out, if you can.
What makes Israel important to us in the Region?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I really wish we would end all foreign welfare to everyone, izrael, Palestine, whoever the hell else.

What did Ron Paul say about foreign welfare, "we take money from poor people in this country and give it to rich people in poor countries"...

We need to close our overseas bases and bring our troops home.

We are broke and our government knows we're going to experience a EU style collapse.

Instead of cutting spending, they will allow us to descend into chaos. Why?

One can only guess.

edit on 24-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hope, remember, we've got to have Hope.....

Oh yeah... Yes We Can... continue to screw America.....

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

We've been broke for a long time but the gov't can go into infinite debt apparently. Story-wise I'm glad they gave money to the Palestinians the Jews are trying to take over everything by force generally with our (the US') help. Basically we're trying to instigate full-out war over there as far as I can see and giving money to both sides supports that but still gives the Palestinians more of a fighting chance I guess.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Well, for one, an important staging area for the War On Terror

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

He must mean we're important to Israel, lol. Israel is important to us in the way ticks are important to dogs.
edit on 24-3-2013 by Headband7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

They are able to use and more importantly get away with terrorism that the US would be held to task on.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

They'll start a massive war before they allow their country to descend into chaos due to financial difficulties.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

So true but so sad. Our War of Terror I mean War on Terror must end immediatley.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Well, for one, an important staging area for the War On Terror
Hmm...., War On Terror..... if I may Sir, regarding this so called "War On terror"

“Every time anyone says that Israel is our only friend in the Middle East, I can’t help but think that before Israel, we had no enemies in the Middle East.” — John Sheehan, S.J. (a Jesuit priest)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

edit on 24-3-2013 by Headband7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

HST would punch you in the face, or more likely mace your ass.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Dozens of signed treaties and international agreements made with Israel on every topic from Medical to Military and from Science to Crime. That's what makes them important. They aren't unique in having such agreements but very unusual for that area of the world in the width and breadth of them, across so many areas.

Treaties in Force - 2012 / US State Department
(It's a BIG file because it's *ALL* of them for all nations in the world....but it explains much for connections with some nations, too)

We also have U.S. Forces stationed in Israel that would love to live through this. I'd love to see them live through it too..... The Multinational Monitors out in the Sinai desert or "MFO".

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Headband7

Nice deflection, my signature has nothing to do with this thread, please stay on topic

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Problem is, this cash goes to the terrorist israeli regime FIRST and they send it out from there.
Palestinians will never see this cash, but guess who will...
We should stop all international welfare and allow israeli terrorists the chance to fight their own battles.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So why are we giving money to Palenstine when arab countries like Iran (Hezbollah) give them all the cash they want?

Also for ending all foreign aid can't understand why some people think they really can buy friends don't really need to pay people to hate us they would do it for free.

top topics

join