It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the belief in conspiracy theories really just a sign of mental illness.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by December21st2012

So does this mean I need to go on medication :/

Lol!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I think that the belief that hireing armed thugs to enforce a multitude of "laws" that are not in the best interest of humanity, using the threat of violence and death will ever bring about a peaceful existence is a mental illness.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ImNotACylon

Please read Iamnotacylon's 3 posts, anyone who skipped em!
While it couldve been said in 1 post, I think it's the end of the 2nd where the "pied piper" gem is dropped. Right On, and I never use that phrase! Oh, SO very very right on.

I agree wholeheartedly. But,
Im just a skeptic perpetual debunking devil's advocate, to the ones who"think" everything is possible, even likely, as long as it's counter to an accepted version of things.

Here's a link to Real "Crazy", in my opinion. I dont visit that site, I just came across it when searching a topic of astral travel, upon reading another thread here on ATS re:someone's report that another ATS member helped them have a "conscious oobe". Anyway, here is crazy ---tribes.tribe.net...

edit on 10-5-2013 by kkrattiger because: change wording in a sentence

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
True to form, I believe the mental illness thing is a conspiracy.

Seriously. I don't mean to say mental illness isn't real. Of course some people are completely batty. We can probably all cite personal experiences where we encountered someone who was just nutty as hell.

What I mean to say is that in these troubled times "mental health" is a surprisingly good excuse for big brother to take you away and "help" you start thinking "right". Put simply, I believe that psychiatry is on the verge of being used to silence political dissent. And the vast majority of people will fall for it. And if you doubt me for a second, go onto your average discussion forum somewhere and start talking about conspiracies. I bet there won't be more than ten posts before somebody calls you a nutjob or something.

This is a small but significant part of control and intimidation. And it could be all but invisible. It has been done before in places like the USSR. I would not put it past the bunch running this country today.

With the precedents of Obamacare and the individual mandate fresh in our memories, we can now contemplate whether or not it's realistic to fear that the government could force you into "treatment" for having unconventional political views.
edit on 1-6-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join