It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is WAY more debt in the world than there is money to repay it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

What was that ole Mayer Amschel Rothschild saying? "Give me control of a nations money, and I care not who makes their laws."....

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Its s simple principle of economics; debts that cannot be repaid WILL NOT be repaid.

The banksters have had their fun sucking the life out of the people and the economy for the last few centuries. They've gotten to live the good life while everyone else suffers trying to pay back their impossible interest.

I think the time has come for the ultimate reset to set things back in order; universal debt forgiveness. Forgive everyone's debt and recognize that the banksters never did anything to earn the interest owed other than by lending money they never had in the first place; is really no justification for paying back any of these loans; they were all fraudulent arrangements from the beginning.

The only other option would be to just hand all of humanity over into slavery to the banksters for them to do with as they wish. The bought-and-sold governments of the world may be up for this but, the heavily armed peoples of the world may have something different to say in this matter.

The Federal Reserve charter is up for renewal this year. All they need to do is let it lapse to kill that infernal beast. Hopefully, enough people are becoming awake to push our politicians to do the right thing and move us toward a more sound and sustainable monetary system. If not, then it means our governments are intent on selling us all off to the banks.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
Yeah, by "we" I guess I meant a collective "we", as in the human species. But I understand your point. The sad truth, though, is that, willingly or unwillingly, most of us have been complicit in some fashion...

Totally fair and agreed.

I cringe virtually every "dollar" I spend and/or earn.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
If there is more debt in the world than actually exists to pay it back, then the money must have been fraudulently lent and so does not exist. Following this logic, the debt therefore does not exist.
Someone has been lending money they don't have fraudulently!

Now, they are attempting to claw back something they never had to lend in the first place!

Now fraud, isn't that something the police get to deal with!

Well, see it is actually technically legal, but it shouldn't be. Derivatives are like insurance policies, they are set to pay off if some situation occurs, so they are really not debt till triggered. The problem is the banks creating these insurance policies have promised to pay out up to 100 times more than they have money to pay out if actually forced to.

Basically they have done so because the higher the amount they promise to pay out the more money they can make for selling the insurance, and they figure if they are allowed to go bankrupt all other banks will go down with them. So basically they are are creating derivatives at this extreme level because they can blackmail world governments, keep us solvent or we will crash the world economy. So far its been working, but even if they manage to stay in business they will bring down the whole world economy eventually through inflation used to keep the banks from failing.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by creatives

I had to think about your theory for a bit. Now to borrow those said coins, somebody has to save them through a a bit of hard work and going without stuff. That is where all investment is supposed to come from. Now this person is never going to lend those coins unless they get something in return (like interest)in compensation for not having use of the money. One coin for example. The person borrowing the coins has to do something usefull with the money or he is wasting the money. That usefull thing (or production) will pay for that one coin plus repay the loan. This is how the economy is expanded. Of course the money supply has to keep up with the expansion of the economy. If the money supply exceeds the rate of expansion, this is called inflation. Does this make sense?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dothedew
The sad part is that i expect this to happen very soon. Eventually itll be like Germany after ww1, with kids making little play houses with stacks of worthless money. And people wonder why im not worried about saving money for my retirement....

I remember reading in the news a while back, when they came out with the new 100 dollar bill, someone commented "ok. The new 100. It costs 105 to print, and is only worth about 85..."
edit on 21-3-2013 by dothedew because: added note

It won't be quite like that. At least in those days they had the paper that at least had some value because you could burn it for heat.

Today the currencies are held electronically in banks computer systems and they can be vaporized in an instant. Just ask the customers of MF Global.

online.wsj.com...

"As the sprawling probe that includes regulators, criminal and congressional investigators, and court-appointed trustees grinds on, the findings so far suggest that a "significant amount" of the money could have "vaporized" as a result of chaotic trading at MF Global during the week before the company's Oct. 31 bankruptcy filing, said a person close to the investigation."

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Consider the fact the very money we use to pay off debt is in fact a debt instrument its self because all money comes into existence through debt. That's what debt based money is. This is why there is more debt than money, the money its self represents a debt. Growth in national debt directly corresponds to a growth in the money supply. And most countries use the same type of debt based system now, so it's a world wide debt crisis.
edit on 23/3/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join