It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK - Body of a newborn left in a country road near Bolton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This incident is almost a week old, ive only just come across this story because the police have named the little girl "Alia" - Meaning Beautiful.

Original Story 15th March

Follow up Story 21st March

I dont know whether its because im sat here with a cold and feeling run down but this story breaks my heart. A newborn baby wrapped in plastic bags and clothing, left in the middle of a country road to be found by a stranger. The parent(s) left a note with this little soul requesting an Islamic burial and my first thought was: "How can you request a religious burial for your child when you cant even follow some of the basic principles of your own faith"

For an act such as this, in a religion such as islam, you arent going to make it into heaven. I am at a loss to understand how a human being can abandon their child and go back to their daily life. Its just not human. Just cant believe that such a thing would happen in a first world country.

A huge part of me wants start blaming religion because of how it controls people. I will admit that the facts about this case are not known but the authorities seem to be suggesting that this was a child born outside of wedlock, the mother receiving no medical attention during or after birth. This is not fact.
I dont want to start ranting about how "all muslims are backwards and evil" I dont believe everyone who follows a religion is brainwashed, it really depends on how entrenched you are - Enough to abandon your child on a road is brainwashed enough for me.

Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I hope they find the parents and finally get to the bottom of why they did this to a baby. If they didn't want the baby, there are loads of options to look at, dumping at the side of the road shouldn't be one of them. I can't understand why people do this, at least going to someone, even the police will ensure the child is safe. Such a sad story.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Exactly, i just cant understand why they wouldn't do something other than abandon her. So many safety nets set up in this country and still... Its so sad :/

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
reply to post by sarahlm

Exactly, i just cant understand why they wouldn't do something other than abandon her. So many safety nets set up in this country and still... Its so sad :/

Probably had sex with a non muslim...kill the baby rather than face death herself from the hands of her parents/family members.
Its sad, but a common thing here in the UK now. Lots of people/babies/children being killed in the name of religion, and that religion isnt even native to our country!!!

But yea, muslims are great people

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Awful story.
My first thought was that it'll be the child of some school girl who's been groomed by the usual predators up there.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Im from Leeds and i wouldnt say this is common occurrence? Also i dont think all muslims are bad people, perhaps the mother is originally from abroad? Just so bad. Who leaves their own child to die?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My second daughter was born 6 days ago and I can't even describe how this makes me feel. It literally makes me want to leave work and go home and hug my kids all afternoon.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The baby was found only a 15 min drive from where i live. It is real sad that someone could do this. I would be surprised if they ever found out who was responsible for this to. The muslim community are a closed ranked community in that area.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm from Bolton and I knew it would be an Asian baby before it was actually confirmed that it was.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

join