It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of dead prawns wash up on beach

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thousands of dead prawns washed ashore today in Chile turning a beach red.

Fishermen claim nearby power stations are heating the waters after hundreds of dead crabs also washed up in the same area at the weekend. Gregorio Ortega said: "I'm 69 years old and started fishing when I was nine but, as a fisherman, I never saw a disaster of this magnitude."

The dead sealife appeared in Coronel, some 330 miles south of the Chile capital, Santiago.

Environment prosecutor Ana Maria Aldana said: "We're going to be collecting as much evidence as possible to determine if this is an environmental crime.".

Link

More and more creatures of the sea seem to be washing up dead on our shores, it was only a few weeks ago that dozens of Manta Rays washed up in Gaza.

Awful if it is all down to us!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Maybe they got caught up in a plankton bloom or something like that. Mass die offs are common in nature for various reasons.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's a natural event sometimes. Stop looking for stuff that isn't there.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Probably Fukushima again, its been killing untold amounts of sea life.

Look at the rise in sea life washing up in their millions since fukushima, its a lot more than before...not unheard of but not a weekly thing.
edit on 20-3-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
When a guy that has been fishing that water for 60 years says he has never seen anything like it there, then yes, I think it is a bit odd.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What is going on with the Water/Oceans near Chile?

It seems like they have a couple mass die offs a year!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
In that part of the world, one should never rule out the the potential for a 8 or 9.0 quake.

This is the second or third happening on that coastline this year.

This kinda stuff makes me spidey senses tingle uncontrollably.

S. America is about due for a monster........but I hope not!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

For this to not have happened in recent memory for the locals means this is not a 'all is normal' event.

I am also worried something is getting ready to pop in South America. I hope we are wrong!

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Maybe they got caught up in a plankton bloom or something like that. Mass die offs are common in nature for various reasons.

Yeah. Like Cesium.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We humans are a plague to this earth. We are too many and we pollute everything. It's time for conversation on population control. Why is everyone turning a blind eye?!!!!

We have to stop this madness.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
They are probably right about the hydro-electric plant.

Here it is on Google maps spewing hot water into the bay... (I think)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Has the US Military been playing with that underwater weapon again? I thought they were going to stop that testing.

There are too many of these big incidents lately all over the world to be all of natural causes. I think there is more than one cause but the cause may somehow be manmade.
edit on 20-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

I'm tired of thinking all this mass dieoff of nature's creatures is natural. The bees are not dying naturally either, human agricultural practices and other unnecessary activities of humans are killing them.
edit on 20-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
When a guy that has been fishing that water for 60 years says he has never seen anything like it there, then yes, I think it is a bit odd.

You're right Lady, it's very odd. No matter how much evidence you show that these die-offs are now occurring at a rate of nearly 2 per day somewhere in the world, they will continue to keep their heads buried in the sand.

I will continue to drop into these animal die-off threads and post the links to the total numbers of these die-offs for the past three years. It's astonishing and anything but nature or normal. In 79 days of this year, there have been 138 mass die-offs. A rate of 1.74 die-offs per day. The rate increased dramatically over the past three years. In 2012, there were 464 die-offs for a rate of 1.27 per day. In 2011, there were only 145 events for a rate of 0.4 per day. In four days, the 2013 die-off totals will pass the total die-offs for the entire 2011. Here are the links to the stats.

Mass animal die-off in 2013

Mass animal die-offs for 2012

Mass animal die-offs for 2011

Why are these die-offs happening. I believe its massive plumes of dangerous gases in the oceans and in the airs. Methane and hydrogen sulfide plumes. Read my two dangerous gas threads in my signature below if you want more information on it.

Here are the mass die-offs for the month of March. In 20 days, there have been 37 events including this die-off listed in this thread. That's nearly two-a-day. How anyone can consider this normal and just nature doing her thing is beyond me.

20th March 2013 - Hundreds of dead Fish found washed up in Yunderup, Australia. Link

19th March 2013 - 5 Tons of dead Fish wash up at Milnerton, Cape Town, South Africa. Link

19th March 2013 - Dozens of Cattle dead due to Anthrax outbreak in NSW, Australia. Link

18th March 2013 - 15,000 dead Pigs found in the Huangpu River, Shanghai, China. Link

18th March 2013 - 80,152 Chickens killed due to Bird Flu in Netherlands. Link

17th March 2013 - 16,500 TONS of Oysters die en mass in Tien Giang, Vietnam. Link

14th March 2013 - Large number of dead Fish found in Haikou, China. Link

14th March 2013 - Large Fish kill in a moat in Xian, China. Link

14th March 2013 - Mass die-off (86 TONS) of Fish in Rio, Brazil. Link

14th March 2013 - 100+ Pelicans dead during past 2 months "baffling biologists" in Florida, America. Link

14th March 2013 - 181 Manatees killed by Red Tide this year in Florida, America. Link

14th March 2013 - 800 Chickens die of Bird Flu in Madhepura, India. Link

13th March 2013 - Hundreds of dead Fish found in Stansbury Park Lake, Utah, America. Link

13th March 2013 - Tens of thousands of Fish found dead in Hunter River, NSW, Australia. Link

12th March 2013 - Thousands of dead Fish found floating in Lake Titicaca, Peru. Link

12th March 2013 - Fish kill including dead Ducks along Union Ship Canal, New York, America. Link

11th March 2013 - Fish kill at Walborn Reservoir in Ohio, America. Link

11th March 2013 - Hundreds of Fish found floating dead in a lake in Ganjingzi, China. Link

10th March 2013 - Thousands of Fish found floating in Beihai Lake, Beijing, China. Link

9th March 2013 - Thousands of dead Fish found floating in Terry Baldwin Lake, Darwin, Australia. Link

9th March 2013 - Hundreds of Chickens killed due to Avian Flu in Bihar, India. Link

8th March 2013 - Large Fish Kill in Chang Feng Park in Shanghai, China. Link

8th March 2013 - Thousands of Chickens are dying of unknown disease in Dumuria, Bangladesh. Link

6th March 2013 - Thousands of Fish found dead in Congo Creek, Australia. Link

6th March 2013 - Fish kill in Baffin Bay has Scientists concerned, Texas, America. Link

6th March 2013 - 60,000 Fish found dead in ponds in China. Link

6th March 2013 - Dead Fish litter the Payette River in Idaho, America. Link

6th March 2013 - 1,000 lbs of dead Fish found in Kowloon Bay, China. Link

5th March 2013 - 18,000 Goats killed by "extreme weather" in Ladakh, India. Link

4th March 2013 - Thousands of Fish wash up dead on Eyre Peninsula, Australia. Link

3rd March 2013 - Salmon die off at the aquaculture facility in Nova Scotia, Canada. Link

3rd March 2013 - Thousands of Fish suddenly dead in Chan'an Village, Xian, China. Link

2nd March 2013 - Thousands of Fish found dead in Lake Keepit, Australia. Link

2nd March 2013 - "Significant" Fish kill on River Dodder in Ireland. Link

1st March 2013 - Thousands of Fish dead in a River in Victoria, Australia. Link

1st March 2013 - 1 Million fish dead so far this year in Lake Erie, America. Link

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Zarn's pic:

Lady's pic:

Is that really the hot water spewing to the right of the worker, in the background?

Talk about cooked prawn!

The natural color should be grey, so if those pics are accurate, the power plant literally is cooking the wildlife.

It's such a shame we damage the environment the way we do.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Zarn's pic:

Lady's pic:

Is that really the hot water spewing to the right of the worker, in the background?

Talk about cooked prawn!

The natural color should be grey, so if those pics are accurate, the power plant literally is cooking the wildlife.

It's such a shame we damage the environment the way we do.

You're right about the color change. It looks like heat is doing it, though it is possible it could be heated water from other natural underwater sources? It looks like the power plant has a long pipe going out, maybe the intake of water?

And if they are dumping the heated water right on the beach, it would have to be extremely hot, or the millions of shrimp are making their way to the shallows near the heated water?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
yes they have been cooked
but that could be due to exposure lying around on the beach in the hot sun
but as has already been said, the temperature of the water in that area could be higher than elsewhere

and to just clear something up - they are SHRIMPS not prawns

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Absolutely - stand your ground. I'm a bit tired of the one-line posters that contribute as much to discourse as a hall monitor does to scholarly academia.

My brother-in-law is a Chilleno and worked in the agricultural department. I will ask him today what his thoughts are and post them later.

S&F on the OP.

edit on 21-3-2013 by ibiubu because: Trouble with my 5D self

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Rez your theory, posts, and connections are making more and more sense. Good Work. I need to take more time and read your threads. I thought I read in the past regarding ELE's that a methane gas ELE will kill the animals in the oceans first. Thoughts?

And I see that you're in WI. It's pretty cold still (about 9 F actual) and more snow is coming. Perfect!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I am glad that someone is documenting all this. I think you may be right about the methane plumes. I will read more of your threads when I get a chance

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How sad!

It could be due to numerous things but I wonder....

We have like 3 million volcanoes in the ocean and with all the geological activity you would think there are many exploding in the oceans that are not detected.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join