It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First it Was Cyprus, Now New Zealand is Next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Over last weekend, a little reported (in the US LameStreamMedia at least) "tax" on savings accounts held in Cyprian banks was announced. The banks in Cyprus are closed until this Thursday (whilst the government there "decides" at what level the tax will take hold). But just now, a small blurb appears (on The Drudge Report) that New Zealand is considering or planning the SAME type of bank account take over:

www.scoop.co.nz...

Ok...as a US citizen, let me ask....Euro crisis notwithstanding, is the trial run (small countries?) a precursor to larger countries doing the same? Over simplification, but here in the US as opposition to bank bailouts like TARPs -1.0 thru 100.0 (seems like there are that many bailouts); Quantative Easing; the Fed burning printing presses; Stock Market soaring on paper; etc....what are the thoughts of others?
edit on 19-3-2013 by Glinda because: Typos

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Sounds like a terrible plan, that will only cause bigger issues, unless there ultimate goal is to crash the system and create bank runs and chaos.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This might be a bad time to mention it...but I couldn't help notice when making my budget thread and in research since .... The numbers for collective IRA/401k/Pension plans as recorded by the Federal Reserve in their money circulation and tracking reports (M1-M3 numbers and others) come to just about the amount of the American National Debt...with a few trillion in pocket change to throw a few White House parties with afterward.

I have a bad feeling Cyprus and now..NZ?! Are just TPTB running trial balloons to perfect the approach before it's dropped on much larger nations like Germany, France, the UK and the United States. I have a feeling they've been spending us into a debt abyss with a very real plan for how to solve it. It'll just flat out destroy the hopes, dreams and retirements of 100's of millions of people if they pull it.

I hope the test cases fight like hell. There go the rest of us, if not.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Q.E cannot go on forever, so next stop tax the peoples money held in their bank accounts. The very same bank accounts everybody has been forced to open in order for earnings to be paid into.

It's a cash cow I tell you.

If it can happen in Cyprus, you sure as hell know it can happen anywhere.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Yes...it CAN happen anywhere. That was what struck me most....Cyprus? Really? Maybe there is a boatload of history I have missed (I read a theory alot of Russian funds laundered thru Cyprian banks--but who knows?) but why such a SMALL country other than a "trial" to see what works and what does not (on the road to bigger countries).

And (as my usual rant on ATS or anyplace else I post) WHERE IS THE US MEDIA?!?

Oh yes...covering the possibility of NO Easter Egg Roll at the White House...and Hillary (3 years prior to 2016 campaign) approves of gay marriage. Well...stop the presses. Oh yeah...and the world's currencies are imploding....BTW, has Barackotology come out yet?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Yes...it CAN happen anywhere. That was what struck me most....Cyprus? Really? Maybe there is a boatload of history I have missed (I read a theory alot of Russian funds laundered thru Cyprian banks--but who knows?) but why such a SMALL country other than a "trial" to see what works and what does not (on the road to bigger countries).

And (as my usual rant on ATS or anyplace else I post) WHERE IS THE US MEDIA?!?

Oh yes...covering the possibility of NO Easter Egg Roll at the White House...and Hillary (3 years prior to 2016 campaign) approves of gay marriage. Well...stop the presses. Oh yeah...and the world's currencies are imploding....BTW, has Barackotology come out yet?

barackotology.

yes, it came out in 1849.
the textbook they used is called "the communist manifesto".
supplemental text is "rules for radicals".

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

good call wrabbit,
i'll see if i can find some audio from awhile back when they were talking about nationalizing 401k, and ira.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I only heard about this today in the local paper and am absolutely outraged.. I just can't grasp how it is even possible to STEAL peoples money like this. Fortunately my Soviet father always warned me of the wonky banking system and said something like this could happen anywhere and anytime and hence when my deposit comes through I always take it out and stash it.

Maybe this is why the US has invested in so many tanks, weapons and ammo recently, to prepare for the riots and havoc that will spread if this happens...And I'm starting to think it just might.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
here you go, listen to the whole thing, the great one really sucks this lady in good.

these are the nutjobs who think they are entitled to our labor.

oh here is part two even better

edit on 19-3-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2013 by bjax9er because: add

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Profound math!!! Wow...it does all fit together. Wasn't there a Professsor of Economics who floated the idea of nationalizing 401ks? The plan included the interest on monies accruing into individual Social Security accounts for future payback?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Posted mere minutes before this thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join