It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Quick Poll ... Tell me about your wisdom teeth ..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I didn't have any issues with them, until my late 20's. Never had them removed, because it was simply way too expensive, even with dental insurance, and though painful, I got over it. If I could have afforded it at the time though, I would have had it done...even as preventative.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I personally got my wisdom teeth taken out at about the age of 18. I am 33 now.

I had them taken out because they became a problem, meaning that I was in pain and my teeth were growing crooked.

My opinion is that if it causes problems, you should have them taken out.

Otherwise it's just a money-maing scheme.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm just a nervous mom. Things can go wrong with ANY surgery.
And this is considered a surgery. Ya' know??

Thanks for the stories .. keep 'em coming ...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

off topic...but THE GOVERNOR?? REALLY :| This is the first I have noticed you...plus I have already commented about the wisdom tooth thing

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

All 4 of my Wisdom Teeth were impacted. They had to come out, needless to say those babies did some damage to my front teeth. After they were taken out and the meds wore off, there was an instant sign of pressure relief as well as I could feel my other teeth adjusting to the new space.

If they are not bothering you then there shouldn't be any worries especially if they are in good working order, if not get those babies yanked as they can take a toll on the health of your mouth.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Oh I should have stated I didn't get mine yanked until I was atleast 27

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
in my 40's.. all 4 came in when I was in my 20's.. no problems and still have them. I also have extra roots.. as in 4 and 5... theyre also very long and hook... extractions are a big deal for us as well as root canals due to the extra and long roots on all of my molars. Parents are the same. ONE of my 3 kids are like this.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
When I was .......... hmmmm.......... 12? No, 13. Yeah, 13. ... Orthodontist who had already wired me for full FM-reception said my wisdom teeth we "occluded" and the next week all of them were pulled in less than an hour, augmented with copious amounts of Nitrous Oxide.

I don't know if it was truly required, and don't have a sense of whether preemptive pulling is wise. I would guess that nothing needs to be removed from the human body until the point where it becomes health or life-threatening.

Come to think of it, I think I was more like 15. Yeah. That's my final answer.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

When I was in my early 30's I had to have one of my wisdom teeth taken out. It wasn't a very positive experience as my tooth had become fused to my jawbone and it wasn't picked up on prior to the extraction on xray....let's just say it was a rather traumatic experience and I wished I had had it removed when I was younger when it would have been less complicated!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Wisdom teeth are crowding our modern mouths. They need to be removed in order to keep our front teeth straight. I had all four of mine removed at the same time. The cool thing for me was.......I was in the military and got extra leave to recover. My teeth are nice and straight because of it. Yet it hurt like hell after having them removed.

I remember taking my pain medication with an apple liquor to get over the pain.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
When I was .......... hmmmm.......... 12? No, 13. Yeah, 13. ... Orthodontist who had already wired me for full FM-reception said my wisdom teeth we "occluded" and the next week all of them were pulled in less than an hour, augmented with copious amounts of Nitrous Oxide.

I don't know if it was truly required, and don't have a sense of whether preemptive pulling is wise. I would guess that nothing needs to be removed from the human body until the point where it becomes health or life-threatening.

Come to think of it, I think I was more like 15. Yeah. That's my final answer.

I had the exact same thing happen to me -- I was 15. I'm glad I had them taken out, because I would have hated to go through all that torture wearing braces, only to have my teeth go crooked again because of stupid wisdom teeth.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thanks for all the responses. I'm reading everyone's experiences. I know everyone is different. But it's good to get an idea of what has happened with others. Right now there is no problem .. but my daughter has a SMALL jaw and has had braces already (and had 8 teeth pulled to make room for the teeth she has). I think we will have to do it ... but it makes me nervous .. things can go wrong.

(moms job ... to be nervous ...
)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join