It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove ... What's your beef with him?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I keep seeing a lot of posts about Rove and entire threads have been started on him and how evil he is. Even Cronkite accused him of being behind the bin laden tape. The media doesn't mention Rove very frequently but when reading through various ATS threads it seems like Rove is getting almost as much attention as Bush and Kerry combined.

What did Rove initially do that upset so many of you and is he really as evil as people make him out to be or is he just a scapegoat?

Please enlighten me!

Jemison

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Rove is a no holds barred slugger.

First thing he did was get a job and promptly bug his own office framing democrats. It was discovered that the bug had a 10 hour battery life and was completely worthless.

Hrmm... the theres the push polling about McCains black baby, the framing of Max Cleland in an ad comparing him to Saddam Hussein... oh theres plenty he's responsible for.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Rove truly deserves everything people dish at him IMO. Everything he did to bring down McCain, saying he was pro-choice (when he isn't), implying he fathered a black baby (which he didn't), the push polling against him in the 2000 primaries was despicable.

[edit on 11/1/2004 by Verdis Quo]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I keep seeing a lot of posts about Rove and entire threads have been started on him and how evil he is....

Please enlighten me!

Respond to it!

Most of us don't have time to enlighten the Ostrich crowd today on the documented criminal activities of one Karl Rove.

If you'd like to enilighten yourself, start with one of his very first local campaigns where he sued a resounding loss into court victory holding up a decision for over a year.

I've never seen one Republican defend Rove publicly, just grin at his braintrusts of flip flop hands and band-aid faces...so I don't expect any to start now.

But he's an embarrasment to you in case you hadn't noticed and gives Shrub very bad advice to this day.

We'll take care of that for ya though in this election.

So if you never bothered to educate yourself on the man behind Bush, for the love of peanuts don't bother getting interested now.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Rove is a sneaky little bastard.

He's basically Bush's brain. He's the guy who is the real driving force behind the dirty politics of the campaign, and he's the man who has gotten Bush his seat in the white house.

When Bush ran for Governer of Texas against the popular Ann Richards, Rove smashed her image, and spread tons of lies about her that drove her ratings into the ground.

Every day for two years, the Bush campaign put out negative stories about Governor Richards, hinting she was soft on crime and overfond of homosexuals, culminating in a devastating revelation that a prominent Richards appointee had lied about her college education. From the start, Rove kept Bush away from unscripted situations, offering him just three or four key talking points which the candidate repeated ad nauseam until the electorate not only memorised them but also started to believe them. Rove also became adept at handling the media, rigorously controlling their access and never shying away from calling a dissenting reporter at home and screaming.

news.independent.co.uk...
Rove is a scary guy.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Karl Rove is a master right-wing political strategist and has taken the term "negative campaigning" to new heights. He is virtually unbeatable because he is unscrupulous. With Rove involved, the opponent can expect to have their character dragged through the mud, false stories planted in the media, and generally have their life ruined--there are no rules, which makes him difficult to beat. The fact that he is one of Bush's top aides says a lot about Bush's character, or lack thereof.

For more of Rove's bio:
www.fromthewilderness.com...
www.counterpunch.org...
www.latimes.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If Rove is such a genius isn't he failing in this campaign? And wouldn't he have gotten the news out of Kerry's other than honorable discharge much earlier?

I'm just wondering if Rove isn't as 'talented' and evil as people think he is.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
When he was a kid he "volunteered" at a democrats office, stole the letterhead, then sent out hundreds of invitations to a party with free beer, free women,m and free drugs. He then went out in college and taught Nixon Style Tactics to young Republicans. Then later on he bigged his office, blamed the democrats, and his person won. Then there is Max Cleland, Vietnam War Vet, fought and lost limbs, brought down by Rove for being well, not the guy who hierd him. I posted all this and details before, but the mods made a mistake and though I had copied/pasted a blog, when it turns out me and th blogger read the same book.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
If Rove is such a genius isn't he failing in this campaign?

Not really. I'd say the sheer bulk of all the lies you believe to this day about Kerry and his platform is due to Rove. I'd further wager the only way this isn't a total Kerry blowout is due to Rove's efforts to destroy Kerry.

Face it. A baboon with a record of failure like Bush shouldn't even have a 40 something approval rating, much less 49% of the vote.

They made you hate and fear Kerry so much you ignored Bush and let him slide...nay DEFENDED ineptitude! I'd wager even as little as 8 years ago, the American public would have laughed anyone off stage that turned in that performance Bush did in the first debate.

Now thanks to Rove and Fox News, some people find ineptitude endearing and intelligence a "put off."

Rove told a reporter he threw out of the White House after Bush "won" (that had been hard on him in the campaign with factoids and such) that he knew people on the west and east coast thought Bush was dumb. That the media thought that. And that he'd turn it into a good thing. He assured the reporter (before showing him the door) that he'd further make sure the people between the east and west coast would hate the media before he was through.

He's done everything he set out to do. Divided the nation into the most bitter cultural war imaginable, nearly destoying us in the process.

A nation mirrors it's leader. We are a nation of hate now. It's because of Bush/Rove. But I'm quite sure you heard it was all the liberals fault somewhere, am I right? :shk:

top topics

join