It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Gold - Documentary by John D. Liu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Very uplifting and inspiring story of how the degraded environment could be reversed.
It is time that we learn how to put the goodness back into the earth.

Give the land a chance....

Environmental filmmaker John D. Liu documents large-scale ecosystem restoration projects in China, Africa, South America and the Middle East, highlighting the enormous benefits to people and planet of undertaking these efforts globally. The film takes you to China, Jordan, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Bolivia, and features the PRI’s own Geoff Lawton, who adds impetus and technical know-how to John’s impressive toolbox. It’s the story of healing landscapes at scale, and, with it, restoring life, livelihoods, security and a future. This documentary is not just a tale of hope, it’s evidence of hope – it’s proof that we do not need to give in to apathy and despair. Instead, we see we have the simple solutions right in front of us.

Somebody said that it couldn't be done,
But, he with a chuckle replied
That "maybe it couldn't" but he would be one
Who wouldn't say so till he'd tried --- Edgar Guest

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I watched this a few months back. It is quite informative. Also sad that this knowledge is redily available and our farmers don't give a rats ass.

It is very interesting to see Ethiopias landscape as it is now. I wish it were possible here.

However, I am not going to enable our already over-reaching government to interfere in peoples lives further.

The utter lack of bio-diversity in our farmland will be our undoing. A near steroidal Food Safety Modernization Act is going to make things much worse. Want safe food? Learn how to wash and prepare it before stuffing it in your face. Stop relying on your crap government to live your life for you. Idiot-proofing the world is counterproductive... this video is plenty of evidence to attest to that.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

Yeah, too bad most farmers don't care when most of the solutions are available. I just hope more and more people will open their eyes to the havoc that has been wreck on the environment.

It is good to see that finally someone has taken up the challenge of reclaiming and recreating ecology.

new topics

join