It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild and Crazy Theory on West Coast Missile Beef Up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Never seen the USA as beefed up defensively as it were during the cold war.

Perhaps something wicked this way comes and it's not from out of space...

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Maybe they are expecting an Asgard cruiser that is loaded with replicators... hmm... gotta quit watching SG-1 while on these boards and falling asleep...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
I appreciate all the info some have posted. I still want to know why so many? Are these missiles that we as taxpayer paid an arm and a leg for so inaccurate that we have to put 44 of them out to defend against a publicly denounced non-threat of a country. I understand there are those that feel this is because of Russia or China, but 44 of these missiles is a lot unless they are so inaccurate that we need a few to make sure we hit the target. However, 44 of these against an incoming "rock" would seem fairly adequate to at least break it up.

How do you know what the "correct" number is, how do you know it's "too many"?
As is my understanding, the current 30 systems would be suitable for a "limited" threat and it's also a fact that Obama cancelled the rest of them back in 2009.

So..we live in a REAL world (no Nibiru and big asteroids coming in) where some idiot in NK makes REAL threats, which IMO entirely legitimates to beef up defenses.

Chances are that in a theoretical scenario of an attack not each missile will hit, and yes, simply spoken "better safe than sorry".

The other speculation you're making is about some incoming space threat but you (and I assume everyone else in this thread) doesn't even know whether this missile system would be suitable AT ALL to "shoot down" an incoming space rock. We cannot detect rocks up to a certain size and their speed is insane, chances are we cannot "shoot them down" at all - aside from the question whether it would even make sense!!

What's better...one 200m boulder hitting somewhere and causing damage...or blowing it up and let 1000s fragments rain down which would IMHO be the most stupid thing to do, ever.

If there will ever be something like a asteroid/space rock defense system it will LIKELY be in far orbit and attempt to destroy (or deflect) a rock far out in space before it comes closer to Earth.

<< 1   >>

join