It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DuPont covers up its polyperfluoro decomposition of coating at temperatures >350 degrees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Their non-stick perfluoro coating on all frozen food containers, on frying pans and other saucepans decomposes at > 350 degreesF and you breathe in a cloud of nano-sized particles in your kitchen giving you early emphysema.Why did they do this ?They should have told us. What are we going to do?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by siluriancryptic
Their non-stick perfluoro coating on all frozen food containers, on frying pans and other saucepans decomposes at > 350 degreesF and you breathe in a cloud of nano-sized particles in your kitchen giving you early emphysema.Why did they do this ?They should have told us. What are we going to do?

You need to be a bit more thorough in your post. A quick search found information on this topic from 7 years ago to today so I don't see a cover up. Maybe you could add some sources for your information.

As for what are we going to do? Well people could learn to cook without burning their food or use oils sparingly to help cook their food and not buy non stick pans. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Where is the source? Glass is the best choice to use for cooking. Do not use those coated pans.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Kill them all, Let god sort out the rest! Same goes for all the billion dollar corps. Why do we have to be the ones to die from their crap? What goes around, comes around!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
DuPont have a habit of walking out the door to be sure, they are no longer responsible for Stadis 450, (a proprietary substance included in Jet fuel) for instance. But you need to put something on the table.

en.wikipedia.org...

Outgassing is being focussed on more and more, especially in plastics, for instance in a new vehicle's plastics that could be harmful, or that synthetic rug or carpet you just bought. More,

news.menshealth.com...

edit on 13-3-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Gave up non-sticks pans long ago we used to have several but now they mostly gone!
I still own one small non-stick pan and use it sparingly now.

Typically what I cook with now is stainless or copper bottom pans. Also use several cast iron and glass cookware.

Also all plastic containers are gone and have been replaced with Glass storage.

edit on 14-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

I bet NSF International tested and certified it. The joke back in the day was NSF=Never Say Fail. Test and retest till it passes.

edit on 3/14/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It wouldn't be so much of a problem if they got the fluoride out of the water. It is like adding fuel to the fire.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

This goes back to the late 1990s. I remember that the coating in the teflon trays in frozen dinners did decompose into particles over 350 degrees F. That's why Swanson instructs about a conventional oven,never to go over 350 degrees F . The real reason is not about the Swanson Fried chicken breast ,but about the coating. Many old-time folks always cook the meat thoroughly and 350 degrees can't be met by people in a hurry. Now a microwave is more accurate, but you lose the taste of the meal, since chemical reactions take place in the meat . Chemical reactions with conventional ovens are seen in a sizzling steak-done for centuries (this is IR cooking). Organic Chemists have been able to microwave -synthesize new compounds which could not be obtained by ordinary heating of the reaction flask. That's why microwaved foods taste different-if you cook raw meat to start. Microwave just thaws the frozen dinner which is already cooked(25 minutes roasted chicken breast).Raw chicken should be roasted longer obviously.So, old people always overcook the frozen dinner and even turn up the temperature of the conventional oven to>400 degrees F . This decomposes the teflon coated tray with invisible nano-size particles resulting in the air in your kitchen. DuPont Chemists want to get rich and will do anything to get the money. I'm a chemist and the goings on -inside research and developement - are kept well out of sight of the law.Somehow Dupont shut this up. So,its the frozen dinners I'm talking about. Not the non-stick frying pans or coated porcelains or coated pots and pans made of metal bonded with some kind(probably a different structured polymer of perfluorocarbon ).Nurses tell old people that frozen dinners are very nourishing. Old people living alone don't have time or the patience to mess with food-they just want to eat and get it over with.After reading about the cloud of invisible nano-particles generated, I wondered why the

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I use a cast iron pan that must be close to 70 years old.

It looks like something you'd find at the local dump. All dented and chinked.

NOTHING cooks better than that thing. It comes camping with me too.

All these "special" new fangled technologies are just a way to bilk you out of your $ under the guise they are somehow "better", which is utter BS.
I suspect anyone with an Ikea Nesting Instinct is extremely vulnerable to this.

As for the health aspects, of course, if there is some man made chemical compound used in production of these things, it's probably not the best idea to use them to prepare your food. DUH

edit on 19-3-2013 by HIWATT because: subbed

new topics

top topics

join