It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Crafty Display

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I'm a crafter and do shows and craft fairs as well as swap meets. I make tutus and fairy skirts, (Are Fairy Skirts Dangerous?) fairy wings, wands, headbands and barrettes, as well as mermaid, dinosaur and dragon costumes.

I was having trouble finding a way to display my barrettes without loosing valuable real estate in my small booth area. I found this old CD rack for $2.75 at a Salvation Army Thrift Store yesterday and used some old lavender velvet ribbon, that I had a lot of, to make this display.

I'm pretty proud of myself for being so thrifty and clever, if I do say so myself! Now I'm going to try to find another one for my headbands!

edit on 13-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Crafty and creative at the same time. It's a beautiful display, fits in perfectly with your product line.....

Des

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for your kind words!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Very nice work! Do you sell any of your work on consignment in shops? I know they take a percentage of your earnings, but arn't craft fairs terribly expensive?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yeah, shows are expensive and labor heavy! To be honest, I'm just getting started. I'm doing a 3 week long, 5 days a week show, indoors, thank-you, in a little artsy mountain community, that's pretty reasonable.

I also do some business on Etsy, Ebay sucks!

I have been offered a spot in a consignment shop, but they are just opening and I'm not sure that I can trust them to pay me when my items sell. They're kinda over their heads.

I'm still learning how to present and price my stuff, learning as I go.

top topics

join