It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pew: For Every 10 Americans, Only 3 Trust The Government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is a good thing then. Governement sould always have low trust numbers. Why? because its not all about the 'people". Many of the sort that gravitate to public service are amoung the worst of us in motive and reasons. And we all know that its just a big cash cow so what should we expect.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Does that include the Obamaphone lady?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I trust the government. I trust that they will always screw everything up and will likely never change. I trust that they will take a good idea and screw it all up and turn it into a moneypit.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
I honestly only know a couple of people that still have any faith at all, and that is because they have bloated .gov paychecks and benefits, and retirement packages. So for them everything is great, they dont see what everyone is getting so upset about.

Well, let’s not get carried away. I spent 24 years in the Army, 5 years of that in continuous combat operations. Lots of additional combat/hazardous duty time spaced throughout.

I don't consider my 40K a year an excessive retirement - I got shot once, stabbed and a broken neck. No one asked me to do it, I would not have wanted any other career. I made no allusions I was anything other than a tool at times, they could care less about me. I know this. However, I did learn early on to take advantage of every advantage and training opportunity at their expense (more about that later).

I don't want sympathy, respect or recognition - I gave the best years of my life to the government in return all I want are my agreed upon benefits.

I could claim a VA disability but I don't by choice - I simply don't need the money. I own my own business and the retirement check is a nice buffer for preparations for the inevitable collapse. I spend most of it on that.

I have resigned myself to the fact that the government has mismanaged their assets over the years and will likely not be able to keep their end of the bargain. Too many promises too little money and veterans will be the first to be cut - they are counting on our patriotism to keep us in check. Bad call. They need to understand that the moment they renege on this agreement in the name of austerity or whatever other reason - I will switch from passive to active resistance. Take away so much from a man that he has little to lose by resistance and you might get your wish.

They trained me for 24 years in Special Operations - I will bring that to bear; however this time I will be their enemy not their tool. That is how I used them. I know their tactics and procedures and how to train others and organize a guerilla force.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
what I find remarkable is that anyone trusts the "president." In fact, few, a tiny few, have ever had any dealing with him that had any effect on their lives. Most, in fact for the sake of argument, all people, simply "know" the president through what the press says he says, and what script writers tell him to say. So, a guy who has never interacted with one personally and who one only experiences through others interpretations is to be trusted? This makes no sense. I trust my neighbor because I know him, interact with him, and we have a relationship that can be defined. I don't trust anyone I don't know, never met, and will never meet.

This does speak to the power of mind control, the fact that people can "trust" or "distrust" the image of the president is remarkable - I don't even know for sure he exists as I have only been told he exists and have only seen photos.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think if the Independent Party would change it's name to the " Disillusioned Party" we might see an Independent POTUS. It is obvious that whoever controls the media controls the government. When citizens figure that out and ignore the medias opinions,base their opinions on facts instead, we might see responsible government.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Wait, there's still partisanship to consider. What if those who mistrust the government were rooting for the party that lost and are only mistrusting the one that happens to be in power?

I don't think most people consider the government to be a single entity. More like two warring factions that they took sides in and still do. It was obvious enough during the 2012 election season. The widespread polarization and enmity was epidemic!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I never received a ballot to vote...YOU???

These numbers are false, they are WAAAAAAAY too high....

I would say 1/2 of every 10 is more like it......Maybe 1 out of 10 at the very most!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
This is a good thing then. Governement sould always have low trust numbers. Why? because its not all about the 'people". Many of the sort that gravitate to public service are amoung the worst of us in motive and reasons. And we all know that its just a big cash cow so what should we expect.

Agreed! The system needs to be tweaked in some important places. I think technology could help, we dont really need someone in washington doing all the things theybare currently doing for us.

We are at present, I believe, experiencing a need to evolve our system off government. We have real time data because of the net, so we expect a real time response to our wants, it is want of an instant gratification on the nationional level.

The problem is, I believe, that we are still using a system with a feedback designed for the horse and buggy era.

In the protests of the 50's we saw a similar reaction because of tv.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I did not mean to imply the military or leo or firefighters etc..... they do a hard job of actual public service, and the reward is mostly the happiness of a job well done for the right reasons.I was talking about a retired, and soon to be retired postal service couple I know.

I agree, they dont want to mess with us vets. Though this is why they are trying to demonise us, so they can try to take care of that threat early on.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I was taught that when rounding, if a number is 5 or higher round up.. In this case we'd round DOWN... to ZERO. More people are awake to some extent than I realized. I was talking to a black kid from the hood and even he was awake. I was like.. how do you know this?

He said, "I live it.."

edit on 14-3-2013 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join