It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google glasses, Eye of Ra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm not trying to start a conspiracy about this I just wanted to get this out there to see what everyone else thought. As soon as I saw this on the news I thought how similar the symbol for banning Google glasses and the Eye of Ra were. I can't think of how these could correlate (good or evil) with each other but it has to mean something, whether the owner of the bar (The 5-Point Cafe in Emerald City) meant it or not...

what do you think?

edit on 11-3-2013 by Wheelindiehl because: Forgot to mention that the symbol has to be rotated...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The mimicking in the bottom eye does look deliberate, not a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Hmmm ... *scratches head in ponderation...*

I was just looking at your avatar ObservingYou, and couldn't help noticing how it looks like it could also correspond to that image (Joke)

On a serious note though, there are quite a few similarities, but probably done on purpose as a marketing technique

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 11-3-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Before we hush to a prematurely analysis, you might want to mention where this image originates from.

I could not find it by using an image reverse search, which leads me to believe it was specifically created for this thread.

So what's the background on this ? I don't really get the context.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Try looking here :

blog.laptopmag.com...

I just typed Google glasses ban into Google images!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The all seeing eye...Will be all seeing.

When and if Google glass or it's predecessor (I will explain) does become as popular or more than smart phones the Panopticon (Utopia/Distopia) will be more complete.

I think Google glass is still ahead of it's time much like the Newton (iphone/itouch) predecessor was. But it is getting people used to a device that will see what they see and be able to locate them and record their daily lives.

This in turn will create an even more watched society (Panopticon) as we all know people are unreliable witnesses. A digital device is not (but can be tampered) and would therefor report the truth, cause seeing is believing...Right?

Think about how many dash cams recently caught that meteor and you get the picture (pun intact) of what the world is beginning to look like. This can be used to then create completely fabricated events with multiple EYE-witnesses even if nobody actually viewed the event Google glass did! The masses would believe it, because Google isn't Evil and would never lie to us...
edit on 11-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

I pulled the image from CNet.com, they probably created it...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I hear what you're saying about the Apple Newton. I rememer those devices well. They were very expensive, and most people were used to keeping a paper organizer at the time. It was a very specialized device aimed at a very specific consumer base.

I don't think Google Glass will wind up like the Newton though. People today are scrambling over each other for the latest in technology. The same can't exactly couldn't be said back when the Apple Newton was around. Back then, just having a good home PC/printer combo was "something". If you look at ads from CompUSA and the like back then, a good PackardBell (remember those?!) would run you upwards of $3,000.

It took a long time for people to come to adpot computer technology into their everyday lives -- but now that we have to have everything everywhere (music, photos, camera, phone, internet, ect ect) -- I think Google Glass will do quite well. I'd wait 2-3 generations before adpoting it ... I'd like to see how and if it gets abused (and wait for the price to drop!)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

Cheers mate. Try pulling the image into the Google image reverse search thingy. It doesn't find a similar one.

I say that is a conspiracy in itself !

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The image is turned upside down; therefore, it is manipulated to look like the Eye of Ra when in actuality the glasses rest above the eye like this: i2.cdn.turner.com...

I suspect that, as technologies like these improve, people are going to have more and more of a problem with them. Google's glasses are one thing but there are also bionic style eyeglasses being worked on to assist the blind in seeing. These, too, will have cameras and god forbid they end up looking similar to the Google glasses because that would be almost guarantee trouble for the blind in using this new technology. For the record, I don't trust Google at all because they are one of the most information hungry/privacy destroying corporations in the world. My attitude is a bit of shame on them for taking this road that is being paved to help the blind and using it for their own little grubby desires. Actually, no--what they're doing really infuriates me because it's risking hostility against the blind in the near future.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by abeverage

I hear what you're saying about the Apple Newton. I rememer those devices well. They were very expensive, and most people were used to keeping a paper organizer at the time. It was a very specialized device aimed at a very specific consumer base.

I don't think Google Glass will wind up like the Newton though. People today are scrambling over each other for the latest in technology. The same can't exactly couldn't be said back when the Apple Newton was around. Back then, just having a good home PC/printer combo was "something". If you look at ads from CompUSA and the like back then, a good PackardBell (remember those?!) would run you upwards of $3,000.

It took a long time for people to come to adpot computer technology into their everyday lives -- but now that we have to have everything everywhere (music, photos, camera, phone, internet, ect ect) -- I think Google Glass will do quite well. I'd wait 2-3 generations before adpoting it ... I'd like to see how and if it gets abused (and wait for the price to drop!)

I have to disagree with you cause...
*COUGH* Tablets...*COUGH*

Finally with the iPhone/Itouch made the iPad a real deal. I think Google glass is still ahead of it's time but I can see something similar in 5 years.

And then finally wet-wire...And I am not doing that! H@(k3r$ & Virus' no thanks...

new topics

top topics

join