It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robotic flies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What do you think of tiny 0.05mm drones (little computer chips with fly like wings that buzz 72x per second ) that can watch you with their tiny eyes(cameras) and even deliver a lethal dose of toxin to any person by flying up their nostril? The US Air Force has used these robots since 1998(research papers started coming out in the early 1990s on how to make artificial houseflies and fly-like wings attached to a tiny computer chip with "legs" and "eyes " attached to it too.).

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by siluriancryptic
What do you think of tiny 0.05mm drones (little computer chips with fly like wings that buzz 72x per second ) that can watch you with their tiny eyes(cameras) and even deliver a lethal dose of toxin to any person by flying up their nostril?

Do you have some kind of source referencing these "computer chips with fly wings"?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

There are robotic houseflies but they don't look anything like a real fly. So, I really hope people don't see a fly in the house and assume they are being watched.

RoboticFlies

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Well...that puts whole new spin to the old saying...oh, to be a fly on the wall.....

Secrets, soon will be a distant memory....

Des

edit on 9-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Aliens could already have robotic flies planted on the earth. They could also have remote controlled spiders. Are you sure that spider on the corner of the curtain is really a spider? Have you ever seen it eat anything? What about that fruit fly in the kitchen that drinks spilled coffee but won't eat the fruit? Do you check to see whether every bug is real?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You just had to go open that can of worms...didn't you Ricky....I already have my doubts about Spiders being indigenous to Earth....shame on you...I blame you for incoming nightmares.....

Now, I have to throw flies into the mix.....

Des

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

Most of the robotic fly articles I've read suggest that these are still in the concept stage, as we are still a little ways from getting them to actually work independent of a tethered power source. (Problems with making a battery small enough, with enough power)

That's not considering that the military might not already have figured out the solution to this problem in secret...Which is certainly possible.

On the other hand, if you look at the flying vehicles built now that are a bit too large to be considered an insect..(such as these videos of Quadcopters)....they are quite impressive.

If some Gov program doesn't already have these things bug sized....then it won't be long before it's a reality!

edit on 9-3-2013 by bhornbuckle75 because: Gave it a pinch of salt for added flavor

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

But..but... now you don't have to worry about the flies pooping on your food. You may have to worry about naked pictures winding up on the world wide Spider Web though

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Who says there isnt a flying nanobot.

seems logical to me as electronics evolve smaller and smaller.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

The US Air Force has used these robots since 1998

If you are going to make claims like this you really need to be able to back them up with some kind of evidence other than theoretical papers.

new topics

top topics

join