It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more tours of the White House, supposedly due to the Sequester Budget Crisis...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Today I read, as most of you did, the news that the White House will no longer be allowing public tours, supposedly due to the Sequester-Budget-Mess. At first I thought nothing of it, but then I realized that Obama rarely does something that's so overtly petty.

So, what other reason could there be to close off the White House to the public?

I have no special inside knowledge or anything like that, but with North Korea threatening nuclear war, and with all the recent meteor impact craziness, it really got me to thinking. I don't think NK has anywhere near the ability to LAUNCH a nuke at us here in the United States, but it certainly could hide one in a shipping container and send it god knows where.

Rather unlikely, but still possible.

Of more concern to me, is the possibility of a catastrophic meteor strike.

What do you think?

Relevant Articles and Sources:
Don't Miss Asteroid '2013 ET' This Weekend
Live Blog: Meteor Falls in Russia; Asteroid 2012 DA14 Passes
White House tours halted, staff reductions blamed
edit on 8-3-2013 by ErasmusSB654 because: Spelling correction

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ErasmusSB654

It is very petty. Maybe if it cut down on some of the golf outtings that money could be used for the White House tours, though I have heard on one of the radio talk shows, that the sequester hasn't interfered with their summer vacation plans.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The tour guides are unpaid!! Obama stopped the tours to make sequestration as painful as possible for the public. There was no money saved by stopping the tours
Maybe a few of Moochelle's 27 staff members could be let go for a few months.

join