It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water-producing billboard designed to inspire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Now this is SOMETHING! I love it and wish they were everywhere! Free clean water and money on advertising that would pay the power at the same time! I wish I could start a business putting these up everywhere there is bad water!

Anyone ever live in the Sacramento Valley? I lived in Yuba City and wow the water is undrinkable!

eng.spb-venchur.ru...

An advertising billboard erected along the Pan-American Highway is also home to some hidden harvesting, conversion and purification mechanisms (including an air filter, condenser, carbon filter and cold tank). The electric system takes moisture from the humid air by means of reverse osmosis and delivers purified drinking water through small ducts at the foot of the billboard, and down to a tap at the base of the structure. The billboard is reported capable of producing 96 liters (over 25 gallons) of water every day for the locals, or for travelers who stop for refreshment, and has already notched up an impressive 9,450 liters (2,496 gallons) of potable water out of thin air since its installation in December 2012.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Now that is cool. I passed the story along to my father in law who is in the water filtration business. Would love to see more of these pop up.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join