It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Observations from WA about the growing militarized West Coast/ Pacfic Rim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
There is a noose tightening around the Pacific...

I just wanted to put this up here as somebody that has first hand accounts about the build up of power from a personal view in WA state and how it might tie in internationally. First of all IT IS A FACT that Australia and the US are training each other and we're building up here and there through personal observation. First of all relations are strong and friendly as my current girlfriend and I have both dated Auzzies. Why this matters is the fact that my girlfriend lives near Joint Ft.Lewis/McChord AFB, literally right by the runway. Before we were with each other her and her girlfriends would go to the local bars, which were near the base and would be TEEMING with Australians. Mainly enlisted being trained how to use US military Aircraft, weapons, equipment to bring back to Australia where the US' Officers of various branches along with PMC are setting up bases.

I believe her short stint with her Australian BF was because he was there to recieve training on how to work on AMERICAN fighter electronics. He was only there for 2-3 months and of course by tradition for all enlisted soldiers in America, UK, Australia etc... wanted to marry her and bring her back after a month. She said no because she knew she was too young. But you can see this everywhere. Almost all enlisted 18-19 year old American soldiers I know through friends and family get married almost within a year of joining because of the benefits that come with it (additional pay, and base housing instead of barracks, and extra pay). The military encourages this because they know that once this happens you will be stuck in the service for decades.

But I'm getting off topic. We have American/Aussie marriages happening all over bringing their partner back to which ever country the soldier came from, further strengthening the bonds between our countries.

Driving to and from her house we have been seeing increasing numbers of heavy payloads, most likely coming from Fairchilds or who knows where. Not the normal training convoys you see along this route through I-90, But convoys with heavy payloads and extreme security. I've posted about it before. Not to mention that McChord is only a TRANSPORT AFB full of C17 Globemasters (62nd Airlift and 446th), which have replaced the C-141's and C-5's we used to have. We had an active fighter unit of F-16's that later got stood down to reserves, but now there is an active control fighter wing with F-22's that are part of the Western Regional Defence HQ here.

This makes sense between the Auzzie/American connection because these Globemasters are the pefect planes stationed at the perfect base to send over TONS of infastructure for our joint bases in the South Pacfic, while bringing back Australian troops in the process to train how to use whatever they're flying over there.
Not to mention the numerous naval bases and other AFB's nearby. SWIM knows somebody that works on certain fleets of underwater capable ships that come and go nearby at increasingly different, eradic, and top secret times as well but that's all I'll say about that.

At work I ran into a contractor that just got back from Afghanistan the other day. We have companies like Daisen(sp) wining contracts with Blackwater over training Afghani police. He was telling me that these companies are hiring like mad even looking for people without military/police experience, he was only a PO before he worked PMC. We have civilians taking over the rolls of our soldiers over there so the government can say that we're pulling out our troops on a successful timetable. Meanwhile our soldiers are coming back and being trained for something else.

My last subject I want to bring up is that because Australians and Americans are so intertwined, through marriage, military, student exchange programs (that's how I met my ex-GF). We are forming a STRONG bond and alliance with them for the future. Right now we have a crescent stretching from Alaska to Australia through our bases both in our countries mainland and on our colinial islands. Sounds like a good defensive line right? We also have forward warning posts through SK, and Japan, which we wouldn't mind to use as buffer countries if an attack DID happen.

So I just wanted to shed a little insight on you guys about what I've seen and heard which makes sense. If you were NK or China and saw an encroaching line of defense with offensive posts in front of them. How would you feel about what might be going on?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Very interesting read. S & F.

We're seeing an extensive military buildup in the Pacific, which has at least three hotspots already:

1. The Kuril islands
2. Taiwan
3. South Korea

It is blatantly obvious who the buildup is directed to: The Chinese. And it never ceases to amuse me, how we deploy one CSG after another, and build one missile interceptor site after another, tightening the noose around China, while claiming they provoke with hostilities.

Oh well, it worked for the Russians during the cold war, so why not just apply it to the Chinese.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I dunno, there's definable a link between them, but i think its purely based on our western, Caucasian heritage.
There are bases yes, more have opened up near Darwin, but they are tiny, barely hold enough troops or equipment to even take over Adelaide, let alone foreign bases.
Why train troops here, when shipping them here is a 18hr flight away?
Our only real involvement in Afghan and Iraq was training troops, aside from the very secretive and limited SAS, we were a training outfit. Maybe its our easy going nature and reputation? cant imagine Americans getting respect when training afghani troops.

But, where does Australia fall in the scheme of things?
Our only advantage is our Iron ore. Thats it! (im talking about a war time advantage) We can supply materials for economies during war, the next war will be the USA & co Vs China and co. Meaning Australia will terminate all exports to china on day dot, then contribute to the western allied effort.

however we're such an easy target for take over.Our military would not hold out against a sustained attack from all those big, powerful and viscous nations above us. The US would need to put in substantial men and materials to support Australia, considering our distance it would be a logistical effort and great expense.

IF the world went to total crap, im talking war between the powers with the occasional nuke.. Australia will be sacrificed.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Very interesting read. S & F.

We're seeing an extensive military buildup in the Pacific, which has at least three hotspots already:

1. The Kuril islands
2. Taiwan
3. South Korea

It is blatantly obvious who the buildup is directed to: The Chinese. And it never ceases to amuse me, how we deploy one CSG after another, and build one missile interceptor site after another, tightening the noose around China, while claiming they provoke with hostilities.

Oh well, it worked for the Russians during the cold war, so why not just apply it to the Chinese.

Yes, you may be noticing a "military buildup" however, you need to take into consideration that increased military spending within the region is a response to the modernization of the region. This modernization and increasing economic status, which includes military modernization for many countries in the region, is a reflection of this process.

In addition, with Australia as a middle power and the US's declining economic status, Australia will have to step up its presence within the region.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well first the reason why Auzzies are coming to America is to recieve training on how to use the American weapons/equipment that the PMC's and Americans are establishing right now. Australia is starting to become a big power house and I see it taking on a more important role in the future since it's a fact we're working hand in hand with them. If something happened in Asia I believe the American's would use Australia as a launching ground for their operations, especially fighters and bombers.

I'm sure you guys have seen all the threads about the "secret" joint bases located in the middle of nowhere.

I highly doubt that Australia would get steamrolled over since we have invested so much US interest in it. Plus it's a vast continent and since there is so much open, unpopulated land, even if the entire Chinese army invaded Australia I believe that it would be impossible to hold onto a continent for them especially if Coalition forces just retreat into the Outback... mmm Steak sounds good right now.=)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Most of what you are describing is simply part of the replacement of older tech with newer tech. These things have been in the works for a decade or more, so not too surprising. I think the Aussie/US thing you're seeing is more of a result of just working together, not a planned agenda. Ever since WWII, the Pacific Rim has been militarized, especially with the recent growing threat of NK....

Should they (NK) be scared? Absolutely....that's the whole point of a build up!

top topics

join