It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Like Smoking...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Anyone remember the massive media overkill in the USA about smoking and it's dangers back in the 90s? The Truth commercials come to mind the most.
I have a sneaking feeling that all the negative stories about guns and all the negative consequences on kids who even mention guns or have in their possession things that resemble guns (like pastries, or pictures) is another attempt to brainwash kids.
I can't deny that smoking can cause severe health issue, but I think it's everyone's right to decide what habits they want to practice as long as they're legal (lawful).
This entire gun control campaign feels like mind control on the youngest members of US society.
edit on 7-3-2013 by MrCipher because: clarification

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrCipher

People should be able to do as they wish as long as its LAWFUL.

Forget legal, nearly everything is illegal

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Anti-smoking campaigns, but no anti-whatever campaigns against the hundred other things that are just as bad, if not worse. Don't smoke, but be sure to drive downtown in your gas guzzling trucks, eat lots of McDonald's cheeseburgers, and wash them down with Diet Coke all the while polluting your brain with football and American Idol on television.

But for GOD'S SAKE, don't SMOKE. It's awful for you.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I believe in 'do as thou will as long as it hurts no other'

why should anyone have the right to tell me that i can't use certain plants

why should anyone have the right to tell me I am not allowed to have a garden in my yard

why should anyone have the right to tell me to do anything so long as my behaviour does not infringe on the safety and emotional and physical well-being of anyother sentient being?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCipher

The main problem with smoking is how it affects others who are in the area, and DIDN'T choose to inhale carcinogens....

I'm cool with people who want to smoke outside..knock yourself out, but if it will impede on others, smokers need to consider this.

I'll bet that in a few months time, this perceived crackdown on guns will have the opposite effect. Right now, producers can't keep up with demand for bullets, etc. and when the supply gets restored, the industry will surge...just wait and see, because people fear it won't be an option later.

new topics

top topics

join