It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KENYA : Election Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hi All, well I have to post this here because it has come to my attention that our Elections which were held on March 4th 2013 are becoming...whats the word ? - bungled.

A brief background

You may not care about Kenya and some may not really know what the fuss is ..(after all its another African Country) ..but the truth is that we had elections last in Dec 2007 and the aftermath was not pleasant.. the main issue was that the election was "stolen" and that caused the violence.

Present day

The March 4th elections were to be held under better circumstances..a new electoral body was instituted and the voting would be by use of BVR kits that had been acquired for that purpose.

We voted without making use of those kits because , simply put, they fai led and so we reverted to the manual register during voting day. I personally stood in line for over 4 hours just waiting to exercise my democratic right and sure thing I did.

Problems.

Its been now 3 days with no clear direction as to the presidential results, first, they were being transmitted electronically but a Server Issue resulted in switching to the manual 'deliver the papers personally' approach and the reason is that the system may have been compromised. The tallying of the votes had to start from scratch ! The manual count started of well into today 7th March but about a few hours ago, it stopped because one candidate came up with rigging claims which I fear will take us where we do not want to go.

why am I saying this;

well , its like this, am a Kenyan and I wonder if anyone here shares the same experiences or its a Kenyan thing to "frustrate its potential", I just hope its not another 2007/2008 scenario.. God Bless Kenya !
edit on 7/3/13 by kassych because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Right now the "Winner" is about to be declared within a few hours and Quite frankly most people I have spoken too are tired of waiting and would want to get it over with and get back to business. I suppose its the Axiety,Anticipation being prolonged to the point where it has lost all taste.. It will be won by a small margin and a RUN-OFF is a possibility at this point..as it stands its a small margin.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Its official: UHURU KENYATTA is the 4th President of the Republic of Kenya !!

new topics

join