It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posting problems......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I've had the worst issues with posting these last few days. I wonder if anyone else is having a similar problem? I generally write long posts and it can take 30-45 minutes at times to finish some of my longer and better supported ones when I really care to put the effort in.

I've lost FOUR of those in the last 3 days. Thats multiple hours of my time wasted..gone..history. If it's on my end, well, that's important to know and I'll deal with it however it has to be as I find the culprit. If it's on ATS's side, it's something you all need to know about. I can switch to a word processor and tinker until I get formats and spacing perfect for a 1:1 copy over from there if need be...but to say this has gotten me frustrated? Well.... Furious would be as appropriate. (I know.. CTRL-A / CTRL - C before hitting submit works too...but I don't remember every time and shouldn't have to.)

What I am getting and ONLY within the last 3 days I'd say ...ever, for that matter, is a total loss of my entire post. All of it. When I click submit, I get a white screen with no loading happening under the transition URL for ATS moving between the Edit/Post Screen and the Thanks screen for redirect back to the site. Just a blank white screen under an ATS URL and sitting there like a post.

Hitting back gets me back to the screen I was just entering text in for and even the state it was in when I cliked reply or quote..whichever I'd done to reply. What it is missing is every last character of anything I might have typed or placed.

So.. Anyone else having this issue just recently?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
ATS has been under pretty constant DDOS attacks over the last few days.

Yesterday seemed very bad and I haven't heard anything today.

So yeah, I think there's bound to be some problems here and there over the next few while things get sorted out, or if these attacks continue.

Always write in a word processor Wrabbit
. Ctrl Copy/Pasta just don't cut it when you write the way you do.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Just a question, what are DDOS attacks? I've been having the same problem, where it just says "the webpage is too busy to show the content" or something to that effect. When you hit refresh, it just comes up with a blank ATS page, with green writing that say Security Error.

Other times, it doesn't load at all, just stays loading.

I've learned over the years here that if you want to post something more than a few lines, put it in Word or whatever formatting program you use, and C&P. That way you won't lose anything.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

lol.. I hear ya on a word processor. I get lazy and when ATS isn't apparently under attack by someone with too much free time or whatever, it's so stable, I rarely ever get reminded of the fact I'm being foolish by not using one. I believe I'll start tinkering around with Word and how it's formatting translates to appearance on here. Heck, you have a point in how I write. I actually ought to save at least a few of the longer and more in depth threads as something off line to keep. Writing in Word to start with, would make that a natural thing, wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yup, the only formatting difference if you use a word processor is the line spacing.

You need double spacing for single spaces basically.

reply to post by 74Templar

In computing, a denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users. Although the means to carry out, motives for, and targets of a DoS attack may vary, it generally consists of the efforts of one or more people to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend services of a host connected to the Internet.

Perpetrators of DoS attacks typically target sites or services hosted on high-profile web servers such as banks, credit card payment gateways, and even root nameservers. This technique has now seen extensive use in certain games, used by server owners, or disgruntled competitors on games such as Minecraft and League of Legends. The term is generally used relating to computer networks, but is not limited to this field; for example, it is also used in reference to CPU resource management.[1]

Basically it's like pressing refresh a million times a second. The servers can't take that much traffic so they end up timing out.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I had a posting problem but then I had learned that is was because I had fallen out my chair and couldn't reach the mouse.

top topics

join