It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli fans walk-out after Muslim scores a goal (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yes, from their own home team!

LINK TO VIDEO

Obviously, a small group of football/soccer fans do not represent a nation as a whole, nor the majority of fans cheering the players on, but the extreme racism displayed here is quite astonishing.

It definitely goes to show that the conflict in the Middle-East has racist overtones that seem so deeply entrenched that it is no wonder to me that the situation has and probably will never change.

It's sad really, because racism stems from ignorance, however, when a nation actually has access to information, the ignorance cannot be excused. Of course, I do not watch Israeli television and do not know what type of anti-Arab propaganda these individuals may be falling for.

Israeli soccer fans in Jerusalem say that it wasn't racism that made them walk out when one of their own players scored a goal over the weekend, but that it was "just a matter of being Arab" and they want to keep the team "pure."

A group of hardcore fans -- known as "La Familia" -- have recently expressed outraged after the Beitar Jerusalem team signed two Chechen Muslim players, Zaur Sadayev and Dzhabrail Kadiyev. Members of "La Familia" were seen last month flying a banner that said, "Beitar is pure, forever."

It is fascinating to see how people can attempt to "justify" their behavior as NOT being racist while making the most racist comments... simply amazing.

The reaction to the Muslim players being here is not racist," a 19-year-old fan named Akeeva explained. “But the club’s existence is under threat. Beitar is a symbol for the whole country.”

"It’s just a matter of being Arab," a fan named Jacob concurred, referring to the fact that Sadayev is Muslim. "It’s not racism, they just shouldn’t be here."

"Beitar Jerusalem has always been a clean club, but now it’s being destroyed – many of the other players are thinking of leaving because of the Muslim players being here," he added.

Once again, to ensure the ADL doesn't get on me for this, obviously, this small group does not reflect the views of anyone other than themselves.

the Billmeister

edit on 6-3-2013 by Billmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Disgusting sports should be free from Religion, It should be something to bring people together not to seperate them.
The club should ban those so called supporters or FIFA should step in with big fines.
edit on 6-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
They are all insane with hate over there. The muslim countries cut jews out of movies that they show on TV (Independence Day was cut in half because they kept taking out Jeff Goldblum) and now Israeli fans can't stand a Muslim on a sports team so they walk out.
ugh

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Your obviously unaware so I will educate you,

Israelis and Jews cannot be racist nor can anything they do be considered racist. In fact Its racist against Jews and Israelis you would even call this racist!!!

Dont you know what their people have had to endure for the past 2000 years

End sarcasm

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

LOL your avatar gets better everytime I see it

Hope you are well my Aussie pal

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
They are all insane with hate over there. The muslim countries cut jews out of movies that they show on TV (Independence Day was cut in half because they kept taking out Jeff Goldblum) and now Israeli fans can't stand a Muslim on a sports team so they walk out.
ugh

No we know where the roots of racism are.

interesting.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Israelis and Jews cannot be racist nor can anything they do be considered racist. In fact Its racist against Jews and Israelis you would even call this racist!!!

Its racist to even criticize the master race...chosen people.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Actually , its just the Status Quo for the more Enlightened Countries.

It Reminded me of the Reception Iran gets at the UN , you remember, the place where countries go to "talk" things out.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
How do they celebrate a win? Go shoot an arab or burn down some olive trees?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
How do they celebrate a win? Go shoot an arab or burn down some olive trees?

No, they do that to celebrate the coming of any day ending in the letter Y.
edit on 7-3-2013 by MildCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
As an Israeli I can vouch for this being disgusting and shameful.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

That is one of the problems with the media today... and the audience, I guess.

This type of story will tour the entire planet with sensationalist titles which give a voice to, what in reality is, a very small percentage of the population. It is the same for crimes and government activity (if there is a difference?) where a broad brush is used to paint over topics which are full of subtleties.

It's no wonder that there is so much hate in this world, sometimes you have to wonder whether it is by design, because the vast, VAST majority of the worlds population simply wants to be able to live decently, in peace, but we never see them on the news, and very rarely in government.

the Billmeister

join