It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Budget Negotiations Moving Forward? Nope Drunken Idiots Holding them Back.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Drunk diplomats ruin UN budget negotiations

]A US ambassador to the UN has scolded his colleagues for excessive drinking during budget negotiations. With stocks of booze in the negotiation room, the talks have been slow to progress, prompting one diplomat to call them a “circus”.

While some pass the time getting drunk, others are required to pick up the slack of their inebriated counterparts.

“On one occasion the note-taker who was meant to be recording the talks was so intoxicated he had to be replaced,” a US official told AFP while speaking on condition of anonymity.

Some UN representatives have been “falling down drunk,” another diplomat said.

Angered by the “circus” of the drawn-out UN budget negotiations, US diplomats have been calling for a ban on drunks, which they believe are responsible for ruining the talks.

It's no wonder they can't finalize a budget. Some say they are just putting it off till the very end deadline. It is no wonder what comes out is nothing more than a quick settle. I will admit during High School I would put off doing my work until the very last minute in the interest of a good party or social events, but I soon found out it was easier to get it done and over with and most times the final draft was much better than when I just threw it together. This is not a case of screwing around in High School, these people are responsible for making decisions on a global level. It is really pathetic they can not take their responsibility seriously.

It is not everyone that is getting drunk, obviously, but those that do are making it very hard for those attempting to do the right thing and get something together. How can this be acceptable? I for one do not accept this as good behavior in any way shape or form. We the people of Earth need to stand up and have these idiots removed as it is obvious they are not taking global policy seriously.

What say you ATS?
edit on 3/5/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please use EX tags, not QUOTE for external content.

Edit to add: More Information/Sources;
www.foxnews.com...
www.theprovince.com...
www.internationalorganizationsdesk.com...
edit on 5-3-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
wow, it`s like ancient rome all over again, bring on the orgies, and throw a couple christians to the lions then we`ll get back to the budget negotiations.

This is why the world is going down the drain we have immature idiots like this running things.

new topics

join