It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ to Begin "Crackdown" on Conspiracy Theorists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The SPLC today issued a call for Eric Holder to begin a crackdown on conspiracy theorists and to mobilize all available federal resources to "devote to this threat."

"As in the period before the Oklahoma City bombing, we now are seeing ominous threats from those who believe that the government is poised to take their guns,” SPLC President Richard Cohen was quoted in the press release. Cohen is a member of the Department of Homeland Security’s Countering Violent Extremism Working Group.

www.parapolitical.com...

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AtticusRye

Talk about throwing gasoline on a fire.....let's take care of Fast and Furious first....that should use up the rest of his term...

Des

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

my thought, too -- talk about diversion

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hah figures. And so it begins.

Talk about the worst to handle the situation.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
VERY misleading title. Crackdown on militias is more like it. Not a conspiracy theorists, "conspiracy minded militias/patriot groups.". Look at the ones they named.

The San Francisco Bay area hosts seven of what the SPLC termed “conspiracy-minded antigovernment Patriot groups,” including six chapters of the Nation of Islam and one chapter of the Christian Guardians, Salt Lake City, Utah had two such groups, the SPLC claimed: the Creativity Alliance and Crusaders of Yahweh,

is calling for a federal crackdown on “conspiracy-minded antigovernment Patriot groups.”

edit on 5-3-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
VERY misleading title. Crackdown on militias is more like it. Not a conspiracy theorists, "conspiracy minded militias".

their exact wording is "conspiracy-minded antigovernment Patriot groups" which is a mouthful ... like North Korean propaganda literature "capitalist insect enemy of the proletarian working class"

so, I felt safe in abbreviating it to "conspiracy theorist" in this thread ... if it upsets you, I suppose you could start your own thread

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Religious people shouldn't need guns anyways. I thought that The Lord protected them.

Oh wait, that's a bunch of bunk
Isn't it?

If I was government and a bunch of religious people were planning on going to war with me..
guess what?

I'd prep as well.. ")

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

There is a HUGE difference between a conspiracy theorist and an anti government patriot group.
Conspiracy theorist definition: conspiracy theory purports to explain an important social, political, or economic event as being caused or covered up by a covert group or organization.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Religious people shouldn't need guns anyways. I thought that The Lord protected them.

Isn't it?

If I was government and a bunch of religious people were planning on going to war with me..
guess what?

I'd prep as well.. ")

I can't stop laughing. Good One.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black; who is always saying so-and-so is out to get them? But since the US government has become the lapdog of Israel now they're calling for the DHS to squash every group suspicious of government. Nice.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

This is what they are talking about:

The rhetoric and threat of domestic terrorist plots mirror the mood observed in the six months before the Oklahoma City bombing, a domestic terror attack in 1995 by anti-government militia sympathizer Timothy McVeigh that killed 168 people, center President J. Richard Cohen says in a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. "In the last four years we have seen a tremendous increase in the number of conspiracy-minded, anti-government groups as well as in the number of domestic terrorist plots," Cohen writes. "We now also are seeing ominous threats from those who believe that the government is poised to take their guns."

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Quick everyone delete your account and clear your cookie cache, were all screwed!!!!!!!!

Run, run for your lives AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasnt me, it was my younger brother typing this

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
More ridiculous Power pushing idiots that think they are Government. what ever happened to that slogan, We the People. Is that just a distant memory, or is this what happens to big government full of Corporate and Media elite that have other Nations interest. Bring It

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

so, I felt safe in abbreviating it to "conspiracy theorist" in this thread ... if it upsets you, I suppose you could start your own thread

I am not sure if you are arbitrarily allowed to just change what an article says simply because you want to. You are misrepresenting what the article is saying. Your paraphrasing is not correct.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The TITLE totally messes this thread up, too bad.

The Gov SHOULD investigate Fringe Militia Groups for cripes sake.

Conspiracy Theorist are another thing Entirely, and Are NOT what this Thread is about, but Hey OP, I'll give you a F and Star, seems thats what you are after, not the Truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
"conspiracy minded"? what the hell does that even mean?
I reckon it means that anyone who doesn`t believe the governments official propaganda would be considered conspiracy minded.
you could even say that a police officer who is investigating a crime could be conspiracy minded.
if you tell him that you didn`t commit the crime but he continues to investigate the crime because he doesn`t believe you then he is conspiracy minded.

I think that most average americans know that the government is full of crap and can see right through these thinly vieled attempts to create a dictatorship but they don`t know how to stop them from doing it.

we the people count on our representatives to protect our rights but it`s obvious that those treasonous bastards don`t work for us anymore so we left with no way to prevent them from creating a dictatorship.

CX

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtticusRye

"As in the period before the Oklahoma City bombing, we now are seeing ominous threats from those who believe that the government is poised to take their guns,”

Those who believe?

So what are the gun grabs, the gun bans and the gun buybacks all about then?

It's not a fear or belief that it "may" happen, it IS happening.

There is more to worry about from the administration than any other group out there.

CX.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

but Hey OP, I'll give you a F and Star, seems thats what you are after, not the Truth.

My thoughts exactly. I call these people "cyber astronomers". Chasing the stars
So i will just twist what the article says

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Isn't it?

guess what?

I'd prep as well.. ")

The first step in outlawing religion claim that they are dangerous anti government extremist conspiracy groups.

Velcome to zee new amerika komrade, SIT,SIT!, have some vodka!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Interesting how they associated Islam as an anti-patriotic entity. You'd think they'd do the same for other religions. I don't really think God considers himself "American".

It is important to note that they are specifically mentioning groups who seem to have actual established groups. Not individuals or denizens of the internet. Don't let that fool you though. These sorts of things start in stages and become more idiotic and insidious as time goes on.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join