It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
not sure if this is too touchy a subject still but.

where is the public outcry to fix the bullying situation? we have school shootings followed very quickly by a cry to ban guns. where is the bill banning violent bullying behavior in schools?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I agree! Where I live it is the bullied who end up published. They start in grades K-5th punishing for reporting the bully.
It makes me sick some of the things kids go through with bullies and nothing happens to the bully. It is sad!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm not sure how you would fix it.

I guess you could hold those people that do it accountable but its an after effect measure. I don't believe you can prevent it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
That boy wasnt bullied. That boy was assaulted and beaten. To call it bullying is to downplay the seriousness of what happened.

The kid(s) responsible should see manslaughter charges.

Bullying very often gets the same reaction as guns. Everyone ignores the base root of the violence and just goes after stupid and pointless bans and "zero tolerance" policies.

Ban punching and that kid would still be dead.

Why work hard to find out where these violent impulses come from or to raise healthier children when we can just pass a law and feel good about doing nothing at all? Think of it as immediate gratification in social engineering.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

it's not that they're down playing assault they're making bullying more menacing, to the point where if you say something bad it will be as bad as assault with a weapon.

it will be in freedom of speech category not only assault.

you attack someone ---- prison time
you talk bad about someone ---- prison time
you protest about someone ----prison time
did someone say gulag

new topics

top topics

join