It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else here fleeing California?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've had it with that state. Too many illegals, skin headed roid raging cops and not enough opportunity. Then you got that Israeli criminal Senator who made hundreds of millions inside trading wants to disarm everyone so her mafia can go on stealing from Americans. Even the good illegals that try to work glare at me like they want to kill me. You can imagine what's going to happen when the bad ones don't have to worry about disarmed gun owners. Those lunatics in Sacramento could care less about business leaving the state. All that matters to them is their tax funded paychecks and pensions. The cops as we have just seen are acting like Blackwater in Iraq talking about using drones. I see where that is going.

So that's it. I took a job in another state farther away from the boarder, for more pay and a lower cost of living. I left two days ago and I promise you the door didn't hit me on the way out.

Thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What happened to putting flowers in your hair and going to San Fransisco ?

According to your vivid description, these days appear to be over.

By the way, you might want to add "foul smell" to your list as well, at least there's a thread up somewhere reporting the whole of Santa Monica smells like rotten eggs. Though that might be unrelated hehe.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
left cali over 15 years ago.

what took you so long?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cybro

Congratulations on following through on your reality check....

I wish you a better, more affordable lifestyle. I wish you peace of mind....

I left Ca a little over 15 years ago...haven't regretted one minute of that decision.

Des

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
My wife and i talk about it all the time. The only thing that is holding us here is our familys at the moment. We want out. The people here are not nice like they are in other states.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What I would recommend is that you not advertise to your new home area, where you came from.

I lived in one place where the Realtors literally avoided many neighborhoods entirely while taking California transplants around. There is a pretty strong reaction in many areas to learning someone is a California refugee. I learned that by being one myself from a long long time ago.

Glad to hear another decent person is making a run for the border! Good luck in getting clear of 'The People's Republic of California'.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Shouldn't a legacy of actors, let alone an Austrian born actor that was a drug abuser so as to look good to the eyes of the World (steroids), becoming Governors of CA be a very big indicator as to what the average Californian holds as a priority? I mean, CA is the acting capital of the World, right? Sounds real smart to allow a successful career in pretending to be someone else to parlay into a real world leadership position. Is it that California is mainly a land that wishes to look good to the public World?

I don't put all actors into the category of being unfit to serve the public, but it seems to be a more commonplace reality in CA. Which, for me at least, contributes to viewing CA as a laughing stock more so than the rest of the laughing stock nation when it involves serious real world issues debated by government.

I think I'll avoid CA, thanks, as I am all filled up with 'entertainment' being prevalent in serious real world issues without CA even being involved. Or to put it in California terms... "sell crazy some place else cause we're all filled up here," said the great ACTOR Jack Nicholson.
edit on 4-3-2013 by ttobban because: added quote

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Good for you. Companies are leaving, too. The U-Haul Index shows how many people are leaving as well. Here's a study called The Great California Exodus which says California has lost 3.4 million people since 1990.

It's not all a bed of roses for the states Californians are moving to, however. Whether completely fair or not, Californians were blamed for rising housing prices. The reason is because California houses rose first. As people cashed in their equity and moved out of state, they thought housing prices in places like Oregon and Washington were "cheap," and so drove the prices up. Of course that's true of ANY place where houses are more expensive. Seattle residents moving to Spokane do the same thing. It's just that their numbers are small. But that still is why a favorite phrase up here is, "Don't Californicate Washington." In other words, we're afraid California is also exporting its attitude.

Washington, by the way, is NOT a state I would chose to move to. It's a California wannabe dominated by the very liberal Seattle/King County area.
edit on 3/4/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is my plan. Fly under the radar as much as possible. Get me a temporary place to stay until I can get new plates and drivers license.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cybro

My parents moved out of California when I was in the service in 1974. They saw bad times coming. They used to get the Ruff Report at a high cost. The events did not happen when Mr Ruff suggested however they seem to be coming true today.

I left Marin 28 years ago. Always dreamed to come home. As I learned in the Service one can never go home as home moves on and the memories no longer exists. The California I want to come home to was 28 years ago! I did take a 4 month stay in my home town 5 years ago. Found that my home town I was a minority - never used to be. We had homeless! Never used to be.... The final straw???

I heard gun fire from my high school girl friends parents house. Its her house now. What happened. Around the block from us further going around the block that sound that traveled diagonally we heard the next day was a murder. A man in an assisted living / retirement home was helping a homeless minority by giving him cash. The homeless was a junkie and converting cash to the next hit! After 3 "loans" the old man had nothing more to give. The homeless pulled a revolver and cocked it in a threat. He did not fire this gun before and did not know how light the trigger was when cocked. He claimed it was a mistake and he was only threatening.

That was enough for me. I have decided if I am to come home even though my parents are now dead I may settle where they moved to. BTW Californians are considered trash that is moving in....

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Thanks for the link. If you live there you can't miss it. Almost everyone talks about leaving.

"Texas easily clinched the No. 1 rank, the eighth successive time it has done so. California earns the dubious honor of being ranked dead last for the eighth consecutive year."

The only people that would stay there are the one that have an EBT card and get housing assistance. The parasites pay something like $200 a month for $1,700 or $1,800. That's why those illegals can stand on the corners all day everyday. Hell I could do that too if I only had to come up with a couple hundred bucks for rent every month.

Word of warning here. When the time comes the State will cut off those EBT cards and I wouldn't be stuck there when they do.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

The homeless. I forgot to mention the homeless. I can't go anyplace without getting bum rushed for money. They or in every supermarket parking lot and gas station. They hide and when you aren't looking come sneaking up on you so you don't get a chance to avoid them. Sometimes I help the people that don't look like professional homeless or smell like booze but that was another thing I couldn't stand about the place.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have wanted to move to Oregon. But now I have found out that the transplanted Californians are doing everything they can to screw things up there! Are they doing this where ever they go?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Problem with Oregon is that it's too close to California and yes the people there are wary but that's not where I'm headed.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
I have wanted to move to Oregon. But now I have found out that the transplanted Californians are doing everything they can to screw things up there! Are they doing this where ever they go?

Yup. Oregon, politically, is a California wannabe.

top topics

join