It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you guys heard of TigerDirect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Just curious have the typical person heard of TigerDirect?

I'm thinking of buying their stock SYX because it's really undervalued, but I'm not sure if TigerDirect is another JCPenney.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I just did a Google Trends and seems to be underpriced? Any thoughts would be appreciated from someone experienced.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Pump and dump scheme or what?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kenji4861

Tiger Direct is big business in Canada my brother ordered parts from them before. Fast good service helpful with questions. they stock a lot of computer hardware, a lot of hard to find items, all at good prices.

I am not endorsing tiger direct just saying I have had no problems.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I've been ordering from them since at least 97. Was one of the only places back then you could get barebone systems in bulk.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I have used them. I had no problems. Electronics get outdated quickly so it is not unusual to see low prices in order to replace inventory with up to date inventory.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Same here; No problems with TigerDirect!

I placed many orders and had no problems with any parts whatsoever.

In fact, this message is written on a computer whose parts were all bought at TigerDirect.

I recommend them, yep.

Have a nice day,

Nowan

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenji4861
Just curious have the typical person heard of TigerDirect?

I'm thinking of buying their stock ......

TigerDirect is a great company. I've used them several times with zero complaint.

As per stock .... any stock .... uhm .... no. Think self preservation:

Gold, silver, land ...... real physical assets are your friend.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I've used them for about 7-8 years, have never had issue not to use them, though, as they get bigger and more popular their prices seem to have followed, but still a good value on a lot of stuff.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I've ordered from TD in the past. I can't say I've ever had any problems with them. Their retail prices are average to high. They have a decent reputation. I'm surprised their stock shares would be any lower than say, newegg. Which is where I buy pretty much everything now.

Are they another JC Penney? That's hard to say. But as you can tell just from the responses in this thread, they're still a viable business.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
When I was building and repairing my computers and friends I used to order from them. I still get their advertising but have no interest in that anymore. I had good luck with them as a customer.

I don't know anything about the company's finances in general. This could also be one of those pump and dump scams. Sometimes the big owners want to dump stock at a profit so they get info out there that makes the company look like a good investment. I do not know if this is the case in this instance. It could be legit or it could be not, it's your money, check it out carefully.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Pump and dump scheme or what?

Pump and Dump scheme is for penny stocks. TigerDirect rr SYX is an actual company right? Just wanted everyone's input to see if I'm missing anything before investing.

In many readings, they say we have to find a company that's undervalued. By the time TV is pumping it, it's too late. It feels like TigerDirect is a place where we shop often but people are too focused on Bestbuy, Amazon, JCPenney, Apple, etc.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for your inputs
Good to know everyone's input. At least we know it's not some small company in Nevada.

SYX's PE is 11.06

Similar company's PE runs from 11-20

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
We have a headquarters here in Miami, is the only place I buy computer equipment. I think they bought Compusa.

Never had an issue.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
TigerDirect is, IMO one of the top 3 companies to order from for PC hardware needs. I've never had any problems with parts and the prices are decent. If there are any problems, customer service is great and there was never any kind of hassle.

Source: Me: IT Business Owner - 8 years

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
TigerDirect is a company that sells computer parts, gadgets and other electronic items. They offer both brand new and refurbished products, my mom used to order in TigerDirect and according to her the things she bought from them are okay even if they were refurbished.

new topics

top topics

join