It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Everybody

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hi

After being a lurker for a couple of years i finally decided to join up. I used to just look at threads concerning sci-fi technologies such as time travel/UFO's, but over the past 6-12 months I have become interested in a variety of subjects. The main subject that has caught my attention is the current state of politics in the US. It may seem silly but I am actually more interested in US politics than I am in my own country,England.

I am 19 and I was predicted straight A's in my exams in year 11 in 2010 (after a quick google search i think thats the equivalent of 10th Grade in the US) but after stupidly thinking i was too smart to fail my exams, I stopped going to school and sat at home playing video games. In the end i never took my exams. (Yes I know lol. Stupid move.)

Over the last couple of years I became depressed after realising the mistake i made and am currently trying to
get myself sociable again (I also stopped going out of my house through fear of ridicule from my peers. I was always confident about my intelligence until I dropped out.Then i became upset that i threw it all away.)

My dream was always to become an astronaut but that of course is now near impossible through my lack of qualifications, however, I have always been somewhat lazy so I don't personally think it would have happened either way.

The only sport i really like is Football (soccer) and i support Manchester United. I did watch the recent superbowl for the first time and thought it was enjoyable apart from the power going out lol.

I don't claim to know everything, and like most of you, I am here to learn.

Hope it wasn't too long. Thanks for reading.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheyWillCome

Welcome to our little community. Your nice intro wasn't too long at all. You sound like you've made a lot of positive progress in your young life, and had some valuable insights. I look forward to your contributions here...

Des

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Welcome Man city fan here

Heck dude we are all astronauts in an odd way we are all travelers in space and time and heck with an imagination we can all go where ever we want.
I was on a small moon located in Saturn's rings an hour ago thanks to a thread on ATS.
Welcome again and good luck

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I have only just recently started to evaluate my life fully and try to get on the right track but i have known for a while I did the wrong things earlier in life (dropping out of school and caring more about what other people thought of me than what i thought about myself). I guess it was just laziness that caused me to feel sorry for myself. At the end of ghe day there are people in the world who would be worse off than me even if I were to die tonight so there is no use in feeling sorry for myself. Thanks for replying.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Thanks. Even if you do support the enemy. I hope that the strain of defending the premier league hasn't become too much of a burden on your mind haha. But seriously I enjoy it that Man city can compete at the top levels now. It makes it more interesting for every fan of football. Hopefully there is a manchester derby champions league final someday to prove who is the dominant force lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Its all good for the people of Manchester, I hope you win it this year and us the next and so on, lets keep it up north

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Don't worry about what people think of what you did in your past. I can relate to what you've said. I didn't drop out of school, but I slacked off a lot in my last year and I really haven't done anything with the 2+ years of college I took. I struggle with wondering if I've made the best decisions in life, but it's what I have to deal with. I can only do my best from today on. Same with you, it seems like you've learned a valuable lesson at a young age.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy participating with us here at ATS.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm not actually from Manchester. I'm from Bradford. I support Man Utd I guess because my dad and older brother have supported them their whole life so i became a supporter and now couldn't see myself supporting any other club. I understand that people may see me as a "glory supporter" because I come from Bradford but I think supporting a football club should be about which teams' football you enjoy watching and enjoy paying money buying shirts/tickets to improve, not about a decision in which you had no choice (ie, where you were born). And I hope Man City have a great future competing with Man United. Anything to stop Liverpool from winning anything again lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Welcome.

Don't let dropping out get the best of you. I too dropped out of school during my Junior year, but instead of falling into the party crowd or becoming a recluse, I stepped out on my own.

It was quite the adventure and I retired at 48. The first in my class to do so. I still get invited to class reunions, and often get "The Look" from my former classmates. It doesn't bother me though, I stayed on the path I choose, most of them didn't.

NEVER let your failures define you, learn from them and move on. Be flexible at all times as life will throw punches at you as long as you are on this earth.

Good Luck!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Enjoy your life, enjoy your time here on the forum, you will find many young fresh minds to help you remember who you are and your potential for reclaiming your independent thoughts, ideas and goals.

It sounds as if you have already taken the first steps in reclaiming your your future. BTS is a wonderful and safe place to meet other young people with out the sometimes seriousness found on the main forum.

Have fun, keep it light!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Thanks for your response and understanding. I have had a hard time coming to terms with the opportunities that i let out of my grasp but it certainly helps my confidence knowing there are people who have gone through similar situations. I wish you all the luck in the future.
edit on 28-2-2013 by TheyWillCome because: spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Unfortunately I became a recluse but I'm looking to get back out there and get a job to prepare for my future. Just need a few jobs to become available at the moment but I will get a chance eventually.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I have been trying to have a more positive outlook on life recently but it has been hard. I am beginning to regain my enthusiasm towards life after a tough few years and I don't think my life will turn out as bad as I first thought. I will certainly check out BTS at some point in the next couple of days. Thanks for your kind words.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You are still YOUNG. The whole world is open to your piece of the puzzle. You can still become ANYTHING you chose to become, follow your heart, follow your dreams and believe that you are absolutely PERFECT exactly as you are.

Nothing to stress over, nothing to feel guilt about, this is your time, and when you have lived to a ripe old age you will look back at this time in your life as the point where you truly stepped up to the plate and became a man.

When you live for another 30-80+ years, you will remember 19 as having been the point where you broke the continuity with the identification of childhood. You will see yourself in many years from now as having still been just a child at age 19.

Everything is going to be alright, you have so much to be grateful for.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You know how they say your taste changes every 7 years and the things you once loved now hold less appeal and things you would never even try now are delicious to you?

Well life is like that too, things you dreamed of as a child may still be the things that interest you, however as we mature we realize that our views, our interests change too.

Like a river that flows to the ocean, it never goes without bends, twists and turns, otherwise life would become a bore, no opportunities for challenges and choices.

Best of luck to you and cheers to your fork in the river of life!

(Ah to be young again)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
You are still YOUNG. The whole world is open to your piece of the puzzle. You can still become ANYTHING you chose to become, follow your heart, follow your dreams and believe that you are absolutely PERFECT exactly as you are.

Thanks. I have never really had anyone to talk to about my life with so it's nice to finally hear some positive words. I have always been a somewhat angry person so i find it hard to talk about my feelings even when i know it's for the best. My friends don't even know i have been depressed. I just kept it bottled up.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I have added you as a Friend. Once you get your 20 posts in, if you ever have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I guess I've decided to adopt you. At the ripe old age of 62, it would nice to finally have a Son.

Des

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I know exactly what you are saying. When i was supposed to be in school i loved video games. Now I just play them to pass time. I don't know if i can say this here but i also started to use marijuana daily as it helped me to get through the day but it became an addiction. It stops my anger 100% when I take it but when I don't it makes me agitated. I am hoping to cut it down this year and stop by the end of the next but i know that it will be a hard road. I didn't start taking marijuana to be cool or accepted, I took it to help me. I don't think marijuana is to blame for my behavior/motivation but it has certainly played it's part. Hopefully that isn't true in the future.
edit on 28-2-2013 by TheyWillCome because: spelling....again

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Personal use is a topic not allowed here. Just letting you know, so you don't post more about it. If you do, refer to it in a less obvious manner. that's all.

Des

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Ok,sorry I'll be more careful in future. Thanks for letting me know anyway.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join