It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Mountain Man Fights for Control of His Property "Turtle Island Preserve"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Well I don't know. the guy is running a pay as you go operation, public invited. They just want to inspect things. short circuit any catastrophes. And I'm sure send a message. It's a small world, and operating outside the boundaries, we can't allow. Can't drive drunk. Can't run a retreat without safety inspections.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
And Americans think the Brits live in a nanny state, yes, perhaps that guy should have declined the offer of a TV show, he might have stayed under the radar.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I live in N.C. the bottom line is the man owes a lot of property tax. Alot. He as with any of us have to pay them damn tax's, If not they take your shat. Simple as that. We have building codes for a reason, he is not immune to tax's or the law. And I'm pretty sure he don't do that show for free. Pay your taxs, fix your shatm they'll leave you alone. Until then they have every right in the world to tax his land. They wold take mine and yours for unpaid tax, what makes him so different?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This boils down to our fundamental problem with America.
Land of the free... far from it.

we dont own anything, the govt thinks they have to tax everything, and
if you dont pay it, it's gone. You no longer own it.

Want to live the simple life, Nope cant do it, they have rules for that.

What happened to America, land of the free home of the brave.

I for one am looking twords retirement in a setting like this, i get more tired every day
of what many call advancements and a better life.

Give me the simple life any day. Shoot most people could not live like he is, they are to attached
to their cell phones and ipad's. think they are so important that the have to check it 100x a hour and
god forbid if it rings and you are in the middle of a conversation.

I would like a running stream to have power, hydroelectric generator would be nice, net and tv would
be a good thing for those long winter nights. But for the most part, i want away from what everyone
is going twords.

I was just born in the wrong lifetime. That is for sure.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
He says at the end of the video he is willing to die for his rights. Now they'll burn down his house with him in it because its "not up to code".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join