It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I confirm what types of audio files are on a CDR

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

Can't get him to do anything. I can't get him to confirm what the files are on the CDRs. He used to have a dual drive stereo separate that he just put the original in one drive and the disc for burning in the second drive and pressed copy. That worked fine for years til it broke. Then he swore he was doing WAV at full rate and it turned out he was doing WMA at 192, but was that ripping or burning who knows? What I need is to watch him actually do the process from start to finish so I can know for sure, but when you get to our age with commitments and responsibilites that we have, meeting up beyond going to gigs is very hard.

Don't know what he's doing now though and he knows less about this aspect of computing than me. Keep asking for wav but if he's ripped it from commercial disc in less than lossless burning uncompressed seems pointless. And yes I can tell the difference soundwise espeially with raw lightly produced albums which I have a lot of. When you turn the sound up in your 'phones it's like "a flock of geese burning in a furnace screaming for release."
edit on 28-2-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the peeps who tried to help.

I am still totally in the dark though.

<< 1   >>

join